Chapter 8

I know you guys may be upset with the last chapter..but just stick it out! I promise! ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

🏀Trey Parker

Well shit.

Actually, more like double shit.

How was I so stupid not to realize that girl was Hayden? I'm such an idiot! She was small, and sweet, and the way she widened her eyes and the bubbly personality. Why couldn't I have out the pieces together?

Even though all the clues were right in front of me, I was truly shocked, and slightly scared, to see it was her.

That's why I ran off, I needed time to process what had just happened. Including that amazing kiss.

God, that kiss. The kiss that made my blood run hot. I've never felt that good when kissing a girl.

Okay, I'm gonna admit to it. I just made out with Hayden.

And it was damn straight incredible.

I felt like a major douche for leaving her like that though. With every step I took I almost turned back so I could see her face and kiss her again.

But now, it was too late.

I decided just to walk all the way home, since my friends thought I had already left. It would give me time to think about the night's events too.

At first, all I could think about was how stunning Hayden looked, and how great it felt with her lips on mine. And about how adorable and sweet she was.

I just kept thinking and thinking, and couldn't stop. It was getting late, but I was wide awake in the darkness of my room fiddling with a basketball. And the more I thought, the more I realized something.

Maybe it was for the best that I left.

Don't get me wrong, I desperately wished that I could kiss her again and hold her and dance with her. It's just that, she's so innocent, and kind, and smart, and beautiful. She doesn't deserve me.

She deserves so much better.

And for that reason, I'm not going to tell her it was me at the dance. Not just yet, anyways. It's only fair that she gets to know me first. Then I'll tell her and she can decide then if she wants to be with me.

She'll understand...right?

I sure as hell hope so.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

🍦Hayden Marvel

I must have been in a daze, because when I snapped out of it the sprinklers were off. I sighed, making my way to my feet and starting to walk back. I had to hold part of my dress in my hands because it was too long, and I didn't want to trip again.

I plumped down on a bench and tried to wring some of the water out of my dress. I frowned at it. The gorgeous dress that Lilly had thoughtfully made for me was practically ruined. I took a few deep breaths and squeezed my eyes shut, trying to contain my wild emotions.

"Hayden! There you are! How did it go with.." Lilly trailed off when she saw me. I'm sure I shocked her, I probably look like I was hit by a hurricane.

I forced a weak smile, "Hey."

They immediately came closer to comfort me, "What happened to you?" Claire asked softly.

I sighed and played with the wet dress between my fingers. And then I proceeded to tell them what had happened between me and mystery guy. Including the dancing, the kissing, talking, walking..everything I could remember, I told them. "And after he took off the mask, he backed away and just left."