Chapter 12

I really want to get to 10,000 reads super bad! (Ultimate goal is higher, but 10,000 seems more realistic right now). Please help me get there?! <3

*********

🍦Hayden Marvel

"Thank you so much, Grandma! I'm so sorry I'm not coming too though."

"Oh, sweetie, it's no worry! I'll see you soon!" I smiled through the phone. My Grandma Lucy is honestly one of the people I love most in this world, including Thomas, of course. She lives about forty five minutes outside of town, but we see her at least once a month. I asked her if she minded watching Thomas for the weekend since I'd be away. She knows how much my parents work, and she more than happily agreed to take him in.

"And he's out of school at 2:00, but you call pull him out early if you want. I'm sure he wouldn't mind, and he told me all they do after lunch on Friday is p.e." I told her. Man, I really am Thomas's parent.

Grandma Lucy laughed, "Okay, dear. Alright I'll let you go finish packing."

"You're sure you don't mind?" I but my lip, I hated having to ask her for favors. It made me feel so guilty.

"Don't be silly! You deserve a weekend to cut loose with your friends!" I smiled. "By the way, how are Claire and Lilly?" Of course she knew my two best friends. I met them two years ago, when I was a freshman and they were sophomores. The three of us had math together, and I instantly hit it off with the two of them.

"They're doing great! We're all looking forward to this weekend. I can't thank you enough," I told her.

"Oh it's no problem at all! I'll see you soon. Love you!"

"Love you too, bye!" With that I hung up the phone, and began to hustle around my house gathering the last of my things. I heard a knock on the door so I ran to get it.

Instead of being met with Claire's dark hair and eyes, I came to face with a tall, muscular blond guy. Yep, you guessed it: yours truly, Trey Parker. With that signature smirk on his face.

"Uh what are you doing here?" I sputtered.

He raised his eyebrows, "Drew texted me and told me that they'd pick us both up here."

"Oh, um, okay," It was oddly awkward between us right now, and I don't do well in awkward situations. So reluctantly, I opened the door wider for him to come in.

Fortunately, before we could fall into another awkward three line conversation, Claire and Drew pulled up in Drew's truck and honked at us. I smiled widely, I couldn't wait for this weekend!

Trey followed me to the door, and to my surprise, picked up my bag for me.

"You don't have to do that," I reached for my bag, but he swung it over his shoulder and shrugged.

"I don't mind," He said casually. I tried to fight the warmness spreading to my cheeks, but I couldn't help it. He must have noticed because he chuckled at me before heading out the door. I grabbed my pillow and my small bag and locked the door behind me.

I watched as Trey hoisted our bags into the back of Drew's truck, and inside the car, I saw Claire was giving me a wicked and triumphant smirk.

Oh, I would give her hell this weekend!

Well, maybe. Probably not, actually.

I slid into the car next to Trey in the backseat.

"Hey," Claire sent me an obnoxious wink. Drew looked over his shoulder at us and nodded. Again, I noticed the faded long scar on his cheek. Despite that, he was still very good looking. He had deep deep blue eyes, and light brown straight hair. He seem'e quieter and more humble than Trey, which isn't hard considering his head was the size of a hot air balloon.