Chapter 6

I think this Chapter is going to end up being pretty long.. Hope you enjoy!

random & late dedication: StarGazerMe because her comments on a bunch of chapters were making me laugh so hard

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

🍦Hayden Marvel

"Okay, I'll see you after class," Lilly beamed at Seth.

"Can't wait," he smiled back at her before kissing her nose.

"Bye," she replied with a dreamy expression. He kept his love struck smile on his face as he walked away, gently letting her hand go as he did so.

So here I am, the awkward third wheel. When he stopped to say goodbye to her, I walked a few steps ahead of them so they could have a somewhat private moment without me staring at them. Of course, that never stops me from watching or listening. But at least from this position they aren't uncomfortable with my single presence.

"Nice seeing you again, too Hayden," he waved before completely turning and leaving. I smiled and waved politely back.

"You're so luck you have Seth," I told Lilly while she wandered toward me with a dazed smile on her face. Seth was her boyfriend, obviously, and they were literally the perfect couple. He was so sweet to her, and just adored her. It's the cutest thing. Seth has been gone all week, apparently he had some family gathering or whatever. But he was coming back today. "And what great timing to come back," I added, "the day of the winter formal dance!"

She laughed happily, "I really missed him." Lilly appeared to be slightly thoughtful, and continued by saying "But man, the theme for the dance seriously blows." She scrunched up her face in disgust.

I chuckled, "Yeah, what's with the whole mardi gras theme anyways?"

Lilly shrugged, "I don't know, but it's stupid. The colors for it are so ugly too." I had to agree. Gold, purple, and green? Yeah, not very flattering colors for someone like me with dark hair and light blue eyes.

"I could never pull it off," I shuddered at the thought, very thankful my friends were kind enough not to force me into a hideously colored dress.

"But Claire could," Lilly countered. It was true, Claire had the body and the looks to pull off anything, even clothes that didn't match in the slightest bit. She was so gorgeous, and she always has guys chasing after her.

And she makes them chase her, let me tell you. But once they get her, I've never seen a guy willingly let her go.

I wonder if she casts some sort of spell on them..

"Claire can do anything," I pointed out. Claire was a really interesting mix of personality traits. She's always honest, which some people find rude, but I find admirable. Me and Lilly both love her boldness, especially since the two of us are so not that way. We all balance each other out, and it works well.

I just felt really happy with my friends after last night. I have missed hanging out with them, since I'm often watching Thomas. It was fun to actually go out and doing something with them.

Lilly chuckled, "She sure can."

"Well," I began to change the subject back to our original topic, "I'm very happy for you that your oh so loving boyfriend is back."

She rolled her eyes at me, "Why do you talk like that?" She chuckled.

"Like what?"

"I don't know, so sweetly? It's weird," she gave me a look, and I stuck my tongue out at her. "Whoa, did you just flip me off?" Lilly exclaimed with a hint of a smirk on her face.