Chapter 9

PIcture of Seth on the side ----->

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

🍦Hayden Marvel

I groaned at the bright light that was making its way into my room.

Something feels different though..

I jolted straight up and my eyes flew to my clock.

Crap, it's already 7:55?! School starts in twenty minutes!

Curse you, Monday. The root of all my problems.

Reluctantly, I left the warmth of my bed and was instantly chilled by the morning air. Delightful how my family doesn't turn up the heater for me when they leave. So I'm stuck with the 60 degree temperature of my bedroom.

Oh joy.

I scurry to the bathroom, and I grimace at my reflection. It's times like these I wish I was one of those girls who could wake up and just look flawless. I am so not that girl. My dark curls were tangled and uneven. I quickly got my hands wet and ran my fingers through my hair to get it wet. I was in need of some serious damage control.

And this damage took a few minutes to repair. I brushed my teeth, and sprinted back to my room; I didn't bother with the make-up today. It's not like its even noticeable, I only wear brown eyeliner anyways.

Next, I ran to my room and threw on my dark blue jeans, black toms, and grey long sleeve v-neck. It was my go to outfit in times of an emergency.

And this, was definitely an emergency.

I rapidly threw my notebooks into my backpack, grabbed my textbook, and ran downstairs, where I stuffed three granola bars and an orange in my bag. I took a glance at the clock: 8:07.

Why must Mondays be my most unlucky day?

I dashed out the front door, locking it behind me, and grabbing my ancient flip phone off the counter before I made it outside.

The only way I could make it to school now was if I sprinted, and even then I probably would still be late.

My life would be ten times easier if I had a car. Both my parents are doctors, so I don't understand why they can't just pitch in to buy me a car! I really do need one. I don't care if it's an old beat up car, I just need a mode of transportation!

I groaned, it was time to decide if it was worth the run or not.

I mean, if I'm late again, that's another detention, which puts me one step closer to having to stay after school to do community service for our school. If I run, I might still be late, but at least I'd have a shot being free of detention.

But detention means Trey Parker..

Hm, that is tempting. However, I made a decision to make a run for it instead. I was about to take off, when I heard a sound roaring from behind me. Slowly, I turned around and saw a guy zooming up on his motorcycle.

I saw the smirk, "Hey there, Cookie Monster. Need a lift?" Trey Parker winked at me.

I would be eternally grateful if her could get me to school on time, but my fear if riding in his death trap scared me to the point where I could feel my pulse in my head.

So I said, "I'm alright. Thanks though."

Trey looked at me skeptically, which made me shift uncomfortably from the gaze of his dark green eyes. "Come on, babe. Just get on, we both know you want to." I felt like I should be repulsed that he called me babe, even though my heart did this weird palpitation when he did.