Chapter 22

Dedication: cutesparkles123 because she said #TeamTrayden in her comment, and I thought it was adorable :*)

Sorry, it's not very long..but I'm thinking of even posting the next and final chapter tonight or tomorrow!!! :S

***********************

🍦Hayden Marvel

"Can I come in?" Alec asked.

I crossed my arms defensively and stood so that there was no room for him to get by, "Let me think," I faked a thoughtful look, and I noticed he looked hopeful. "No," I moved to shut the door before he could get in another word, but unfortunately he stopped it.

"Come on, can't I just come in and we can talk?" He asked, his voice sounding like it always does when he really wants something. I raised my eyebrows and stayed in place, blocking the door. "Please? Just give me one minute," he bargained.

I gritted me teeth, knowing very well how stubborn he was and that he wouldn't give up until I talked to him, "Fine, what?"

He looked surprised, "Well can I come in?"

"No," I responded immediately. "But your minute is ticking down as we speak so.."

He appeared to be startled, "Oh uh, okay, right. Well the thing is, Hayden, that I've been doing a lot of soul searching lately, and I realized that I've made mistakes," I chuckled here, but he ignored it. "Okay, a lot of mistakes. Especially concerning you. Looking back, I realize what a huge jerk and ass I was, and I feel horrible. I'm so sorry for everything. And the truth is, I'm still hung up on you. And I would love it if you'd take me back. I miss you, Hayden," he added with a crooked smile. "So what do you say, will you be my girlfriend again?"

I stood there, stunned at what he had just said. I had to blink a couple times to focus, and I saw that his smile was slowly morphing into a cocky smirk. At this point, I felt something bubbling in my stomach..

Laughter. Uncontrollable laughter. I had to bent over and clutch my stomach because I was laughing so hard. I'm not even entirely sure why either. For some reason, now I just seem him as being so ridiculous. And also pathetic. I mean really, the only one we have any reaction is when he tries to be a pervert, so does he really think I'd be able to take him seriously?

I wiped a stray tear that had fallen due to my extreme laughter, "Oh man, Alec, that is just too hilarious."

"But I'm serious," he defended, looking extremely irritated at my laughter.

"Yeah yeah whatever," I waved him off as I closed the door in his face and locked it. After I did so, a chuckled a few times to myself. Did that really just happen?

Idiot.

"Hayden!" Thomas came running in. "Are you okay?" He asked in his cute little voice.

I smiled at him, "Yeah Tommy, I'm great." Except I'm missing one thing..

*********

The whole Alec thing made me feel even worse about Trey. It made me sad, because Alec came over to my house to talk to me, yet even still Trey still hasn't tried to apologize. Did he not care about what had happened? He was definitely acting like it.

As the week wore on, I felt any of my precious joy rapidly dwindling. At first, I thought that Trey would come around quickly to talk to me about what had happened. But with each passing day that he didn't come, it was slowly eating me away.

"Hayden," Lilly said softly during lunch one day.

Startled, I looked up from my plate, "Yeah?"

"How are you?" She asked sympathetically. Today, it was just the two of us at lunch.