Chapter 10

Thanks so for reading my story!!

I've gotten over 1,000 views now! Wahoo!

This Chapter is dedicated to FreeLikeAButterfly for voting and commenting. Thanks so much!

***********

🍦Hayden Marvel

I grimaced at the weather outside.

The Internet didn't say it would rain today! Or be cloudy. Yet, here I am. Staring outside the school at the rain and wind. I mentally groan, especially since I forgot to grab a jacket when I left for school.

I sighed, knowing I couldn't stand here forever. My brother would be home soon, and he can't be home before me--he gets scared when he's alone.

I dashed outside and made the brave choice to use my psychology textbook as a cover to keep my hair somewhat dry.

It was an epic fail, of course.

Not only was it heavy to hold above my head, but my hair was falling in my face. And when it fell in my face couldn't see the ground so I tripped and fell in a puddle.

I laughed, that was just my luck.

But I really didn't care.

With no one to see and no place to be, I felt like I could actually enjoy myself in the rain without having to kept myself presentable to go in public.

Standing up, I began to skip from puddle to puddle singing some of my favorite songs.

"...I'd like to make myself believe,

That planet earth turns slowly,

It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep

'Cause everything is never as it seems.

'Cause I get a thousand hugs

From ten thousand lightning bugs

As they tried to teach me how to dance.

A foxtrot above my head,

A sock hop beneath my bed

A disco ball is just hanging by a thread..."

I continued to hum the chorus of "Fireflies" and skip around, oblivious to the outside world. So obviously I was startled when a voice came up from behind me.

"What the hell are you doing?" I whipped my head to the side to see, you guessed it: Trey Parker on his motorcycle.

"Um, just walking home.." I began. Sometimes, I forget that I'm in the real world, and I drift off into my own little universe where I do childish things. I should try to remember that people act different here on Earth than they do in Hayden World.

"Weren't you singing?" He asked, raising his eyebrows at me.

"Yeah," I shrugged, trying to appear nonchalant with a twinge of confidence. However, I don't think that it came off that way.

He chuckled melodiously, "Oh how cute. I could have sworn I saw you dancing in puddles."

"I fell into a puddle and got myself soaked, so I just figured I had nothing to lose."

"Interesting.." He trailed off.

I felt my face blush a little. Trey was probably thinking about how immature I was.

Stupid Hayden, why must you always make a fool of yourself in front of THE Trey Parker?

"Need a lift?" He interrupted my train of thought with his charming green eyes.