#1; first day

Jade Hendersons POV
7:19am, monday
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

i wake up to the rather obnoxious buzz of my alarm clock, i groan as i roll out of bed hitting the off button. "ughh, kill me now!" i say annoyed.

i dig through one of the many piles of clothes near my bed, grabbing a kiss tee - shirt & sniffing it. "uck!" i gag.

i end up putting on a denim skirt, striped turtleneck, and a random jacket from my closet.

i quickly apply some mascara, not having time to take off yesterdays

i quickly apply some mascara, not having time to take off yesterdays. i run to the bathroom, trying to hurry up so i'm not late & brush my teeth.

before i have time to sneak past the kitchen, theres my mom. great! "hungry jade?" my mom says, prepared to lecture me if i say no. "uh, i'll just get a pop tart!" i say feeling the slightest bit guilty for lying to her. "okay dear, that's fine. i'm going to leave for work!" she says, kissing my cheek before she walks out the door.

i grab a mug, pouring myself a cup of coffee.
i take a sip, before checking the clock.. 7:45! i quickly grab my book bag & keys, rushing out of the door.

my brother, Dustin usually rides to school with me.. but since he isn't here i assume he spent the night at the wheelers again.

-

i get into my car, parked in the driveway infront of my house. a cherry red Volkswagen bug. my dad got it for me on my 15th birthday & fixed it up. that's why its so special to me now, i guess. i put the key in to start the engine. "shit!" i whisper-yell,  hitting the steering wheel; my car won't start!

i start walking to school. i don't know how i'll do it, considering it's 7 miles away and i have..
i look at my watch. "15 minutes.." i sigh, annoyed. i take a book out of my bag; the bell jar. i've read it 4 times but it doesn't get old.

a few blocks later, i hear a car pull up beside me. i reluctantly take my head out of my book, turning to see none other than a blue Camaro.. Billy's. i roll my eyes at him, and start to read my book again.

Billy rolls down his window, driving at the pace i'm walking. "hey princess, want a ride?" he says cockily, chewing his gum loudly. ugh. "hm.. i'd rather slit my throat & bleed out in a ditch! thanks though." i say, with a sarcastic smile. and it seems like the universe is out to get me today, because just after i said that it started to pour down rain. he seemed pleased.

i keep walking, getting soaked. and Billy didn't stop following me of course. "don't be ridiculous Jade, just get in!" he said, seeming like he was beginning to get annoyed. "or what?" i said, trying to get under his skin. "or, i'm going to throw you in my trunk" he says. i cant tell whether or not he was serious, so i caved. he stopped the car, and i opened the passenger door and got in.

"finally." he mumbled, speeding up.

i didn't know what to say to him.. it'd been so long since i last saw him. but i couldn't  stand the awkward silence for another second. "so.. why isn't max with you?" i ask, trying to break the ice. Billy shrugged. "oh" i mumble, with an in-genuine smile.

he looked at me, before he started up the conversation again. he asked me about my summer, what classes i had this year, you know. the normal small talk.

im 99% sure he only asked me because he felt bad, but it was still nice.

-

after what felt like forever, we finally pulled up at the school. i stepped out of his car, and it seemed like everyone in the parking lot was staring at us. i hated it.

"uh, do you want a ride later? i mean max will be with me but-" i cut him off. "ask me later?" i said, wanting to just get the day over with. He nodded, and i walked up to the door of the school.

"god, this is hell." i said under my breath, as i walked in.