do you ever sleep in your own bed?

jing huffed, holding her water bottle to her lips with a shaky hand

jing huffed, holding her water bottle to her lips with a shaky hand. she and the rest of her teammates were breathing heavily, just having finished their scrimmage.

soccer season wouldn't start until october, but the varsity girls preferred to begin practicing and conditioning earlier to prepare. they were pretty much already guaranteed a spot on the team by doing this, their coach being extra hard on them this year for some reason.

"did you see the new girl? she's totally an east sider, i heard she was walking around with some guy from otus volleyball team." her teammate, lee seojeong, quietly gossiped to the girl next to her, park harin. the dark haired girl rolled her eyes as she pulled her bottle from her lips, letting out a deep breath.

"this school gets progressively barbaric as the years pass." na dayoung muttered under her breath, having heard the conversation as well.
"lowlife middle classers who think they own everything." she said to herself, tying the laces of her cleats tighter.

jing did have to agree, much to her disdain because no one agreed with na dayoung, that the school was losing its touch. slowly but surly, more kids with shiny scholarships waltzed into the school with the confidence of a greek god, on cloud 9 because they were accepted into the intelligent rich kid school.

it was understandable, their confidence and pride, but at the same time it truly wasn't needed. you didn't matter at white chapel unless you got in by your wealth, wealth always came before academics here. even then, there was no way you would even come close to beating the highest ranks in any of your classes, because most of them were already held by the wealthy who had been learning college level things at the age of 10.

she had come to learn that lee mikyung was not one of the prideful scholarship girls from the east side. mikyung was quiet, she kept to herself and for the most part did well in her classes. it was quite shocking because the classes she had been taking were known to be incredibly hard to excel in, especially when you only joined them nearly three months after school actually started.

to put it simply; white chapel teachers have absolutely no mercy or sympathy.

"what do you think of her jing? the transfer?" seojeong called out to her, brows furrowing and eyes squinting due to the sunlight. "wanna know what i think of you right now?" she sneered, her gaze anything but friendly. who was someone like lee seojeong to assume they were close enough to gossip?

"geez, can't even warm up for your own team ice princess?" the agitating voice of none other than han jaehyun echoed from the other side of the field, the boy making his way towards the group of soccer girls. "4 laps, now girls." jing called out with the roll of her eyes, watching every single girl in the group slump and groan.

"i said now bitches." she instructed louder this time, face hardening. they all quickly began running, set on the usual path they used to run laps. "what do you want han?" she glared at the boy, pulling her hair out of its messy ponytail to re tie it.