soul rejuvenating soup

"good lord seungmin, you suck at this

"good lord seungmin, you suck at this." haechan snorted, watching as the younger male tried and failed to fold the napkins they were assigned to. for some reason, this is what they had rookies doing, simple tasks that made no sense.

"sorry i don't major in turning small tablecloths into fucking swans." the pink haired male muttered, throwing the white cloth napkin onto the table in front of him with a huff. they had been doing this for about half an hour now, and have failed to perfect even one.

"me neither bud. why do rich people have an infatuation with napkins folded into animals?" haechan threw his napkin onto the table as well, brows furrowed. "can't they give us an easier task?" he pouted.

"i don't think it gets easier than this." seungmin frowned, running a hand through his freshly dyed hair. "hey do you think-"

"no chenle i- no i know. it's not stupid, stop it! because koj piss kuv tawm. knock it off." the very irritated voice that belonged to none other than li jing herself filed the empty dinner hall, the girl making her way inside with her hand on her hip and her phone pressed to her ear.

[hmong translation: "you piss me off"]

she held her phone away from her ear, leaning her face into her elbow to sneeze almost four times before bringing it back to her ear. "it's a simple task chenle. yes, grand tree. it's not silly chenle, just drop the money off." she groaned, holding her head in her hands.

it was only when she turned in a huff after hanging up the phone that she realized haechan and seungmin were sitting at one of the tables, listening to her cluelessly.

"well that definitely wasn't french." haechan couldnt think of anything else to say, opting to make a joke out of it in hopes that the girl wouldn't be too mad they never made their presence clear. jing pressed her lips into a tight line, giving the male a look.

"what are you two idiots doing?" she sighed, moving closer to the table they were at. seungmin held up his deformed napkin, a grimace on his face. he was less than proud of whatever the hell he had made, but hey , at least it had a shape.

"trying and failing to fold napkins." he explained, throwing the napkin down once more. jing furrowed her brows, hands finding her hips as she looked in between the both of them. "are you stupid?" she blurted out, head tilted.

"a little." seungmin muttered, earning a harsh slap on his shoulder from haechan. they glared at each other, speaking (arguing) telepathically for a second before turning their attention back to the long haired girl in front of them.

"so just how many languages do you speak?" haechan leaned forward, his chin resting in his palm. jing sent him a passive smile, shifting on her feet. she didn't look like the usual jing. although she always looked angry at the world, right now she looked even angrier. her nose and eyes were red, but her face was pale. her eyebags made an appearance for the first time and she definitely wasn't wearing her usual expensive girl outfit, nor was she wearing her uniform.