expensive liquor

"that is way too short," liu immediately criticized as jing walked out of her closet to model her outfit

"that is way too short," liu immediately criticized as jing walked out of her closet to model her outfit. her shoulders sagged as she huffed, an upset look finding her face.

"liu, it's a mini skirt. it's supposed to be short. plus this is like... the longest nice skirt i've got," she placed her hands on her hips, head tilted. "why are you here if you're just going to turn down everything i put on anyways?"

liu sighed, pursing his lips as he leaned back in her desk chair. "i'm the only the only person who's yet to have met this haechan guy," he hummed, shrugging his shoulders. "which means he hasn't met the right family yet." jing couldn't help but roll her eyes dramatically.

"you're so annoying," she groaned, throwing herself on her bed. "you're gonna make him shit his pants." she muttered.

"that's my plan," liu smirked, clicking his tongue. "you know i've been team jiung from the start." he stated in a matter-a-fact tone, sending her a look.

"you've only been team jiung because he buys you expensive liquor from mexico for your birthday every year." jing scoffed, matching his matter-a-fact tone as she rolled her eyes. jiung was always more than happy to kiss ass to her family, mainly because his parents bugged him to.

"hey, that shits good and he won't tell me where he gets it from." liu pointed his finger at her, a stern look on his face.
"yeah whatever. he's no intern at NCTC, that's for sure." she snorted.

lius eyes nearly bulged out of his head, a look of shock waving over the man's face. "holy shit ji, your boyfriends an intern at the hardest place to be an intern at?" he blinked, standing up to follow her as she walked back towards her closet.

"i didn't even have to butter up the bitchy baes, isn't that something?" jing questioned in amusement, walking into the large closet to search for a different outfit.

"jeez kid, you never fail to amaze me. where'd you find this one?" he folded his arms, leaning on the doorframe. "don't tell me jaili set you guys up?" he quirked a brow.

"god no. he's the new choir directors son." she groaned at the idea of jaili attempting to set her up with a man. before, jaili would attempt to set jing or someone else up with a guy and it would just go all wrong.

it made sense now of course, her terrible taste in men, but it definitely made sense now considering she wasn't even slightly attracted to them.

there was a knock on the door, interrupting liu before he could even open his mouth. "shit." jing muttered, sending a sharp glare towards her brother. "don't do anything stupid." she pointed a warning finger at the male, quickly throwing the clothes she had in her hands back into the closet and pushing him out of the way.

"i would never!" he gasped dramatically as he followed her through the house.
"i'm serious ge, be nice." she groaned, moving to open the door with a sigh.

and there stood haechan, clad in black slacks with a black shirt tucked into them and a red black and white abstract cardigan over it. and suddenly jing felt so much better about wearing red, a color she didn't wear much before meeting the male.

"i have flowers and expensive liquor from france," haechan announced as he made his way into her condo. "do you know how hard it is to get expensive liquor from france- oh hello." he froze in his place, finally having noticed the tall man that stood in the middle of her living room.

"expensive liquor from france?! holy shit-" liu cut himself off when he realized the way he reacted to the males words, immediately straightening himself up and clearing his throat. "you seem fairly comfortable with this place." he stated with a raised brow, a pathetic attempt at looking intimidating. clearly it was only jing who thought it was silly, because haechan looked like he was about to piss his pants.

"uhhh.." he trailed off, licking his lips and turning to send jing a look of confusion. she rolled her eyes, moving to take the things out of his hands.
"i told him not to be stupid but i guess it's just a personality trait." she murmured.

"and who... exactly is he...?" haechan whispered, glancing at the male who now sported a offended look. jing had forgot that haechan was all about not paying attention to the higher ups and who they are, so she could imagine how confused liu was right now.

"my oldest brother, the one i told you about with the business and stuff." she explained curtly, pulling out a vase to put the flowers in. they were pink peonies, some of jings favorite flowers. "he's here to intimidate you, but any man who has to try to intimidate you automatically isn't intimidating at all so i wouldn't mind him." she smiled, earning a sound of protest from her brother who had not moved from the living room.

"wow, okay noted," haechan chuckled, turning around to bow at the older man. "i'm lee donghyuck, but you can call me haechan. it's nice to meet you." he held out his hand for liu to shake, offering him a smile.

"i guess it's nice to meet you as well," liu cleared his throat, firmly shaking his hand. "so how old are you? where do you live? what school do you go to? do you have a criminal record we should know about? is there-"

"and we're leaving." jing huffed, grabbing her purse and her keys quickly. she pushed liu away from a very startled haechan, sending him a look that could kill before pulling the younger male towards the front door. "get out of my house in five or i'll call papa and tell him you skipped family dinner for a date with a girl who stood you up." she warned, slamming the door behind her.

"sorry," she apologized immediately, biting her lip as she rubbed the back of her neck. "he's overbearing, it kind of runs in our family. he likes to think he's scary but he's actually not." she chuckled, rubbing a hand through her hair.

haechan only smiled fondly, shaking his head. "i suppose i've almost met your entire family now, right? you think they like me?" he quirked a brow as they began to walk, folding his hands behind his back.

"i don't think they have much of a reason not to like you." she smiled, her nerves beginning to heighten. now that she was alone with the male, she was hyper aware of everything around her.

the sound her clothes and shoes made while she walked, the distance between her and haechan, the color that was chipping off of her nails. everything was furthering her nervous state.

she wasn't used to feeling nervous. the only times she's ever really felt nervous were before her choir performances, and whenever her fathers would call her by her full name. never did she get nervous around a man of all things.

"you look really pretty by the way. you should consider wearing red more often," he smirked, sensing her nervous state. "it looks good on you." he lowered his voice, moving to pull the dark red purse on her shoulder off and onto his shoulder.

"anything looks good on me, i'm li jing." she scoffed, folding her arms over her middle. "you don't look to shabby yourself, i guess." she muttered, pressing the button for the elevator doors.

"just say you think i look hot babe, i saw the way your eyes widened when you opened your door."
his smirk grew wide, the ding of the elevator doors cutting off any kind of argument jing had to make. "and you're dressed perfectly for what i've got planned tonight." he smiled, stepping back into the empty elevator.

jing eyed him, brow raised and arms crossed. "what do you have planned pretty boy?" she questioned, making her way into the elevator next to him, pressing the button for the car garage.

"can't tell you, it's a secret," he placed a finger against his lips, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "don't worry, i don't plan on murdering you beautiful." he chuckled.

"yeah sure, we'll see."

sorry i haven't updated y'all i'm too busy writing my drafts 😍