we're pretty alike

"so now that you're not on the verge of death and ready to murder anyone who talks to you, who's the guy?" daiyu asked as jing walked into the kitchen, her barely awake state and desperate need for caffeine being the only thing keeping her from tu...

"so now that you're not on the verge of death and ready to murder anyone who talks to you, who's the guy?" daiyu asked as jing walked into the kitchen, her barely awake state and desperate need for caffeine being the only thing keeping her from turning around and going back to her room.

"henry the eighth, king of england." jing muttered, pushing the hairs that had fallen out of her now very messy pony tail out of her face. daiyu snorted, handing her a cup of coffee with a knowing smile.

"does that make you one of his six wives?" she snorted, sipping from her own mug. jing could only roll her eyes, the green mug in between her hands warm. she was still fairly sick, the average stuffy nose and minor cough, but she wasn't as bad as she had been a couple days before.

she no longer looked sickly, fortunately having gained all the color back in her face. jiung, miki, and the rest of her family had made a huge fuss over it, shoving whatever tea and soup they could down her throat to assure that she stayed very much alive.

"where's sicheng?" the older looked around, looking for her half brother who surprisingly was not around as much as her other siblings were. it actually wasn't as surprising because when he was here he used all his time to meet with his friends that he didn't get to see much, opting to hang out with his siblings at night or in the morning when he wasn't doing anything.

"oh you know him, he's probably out with yuta and jungwoo." daiyu shrugged, setting her mug down. "now back to your king henry guy, who is he? are you and jiung not a thing anymore?" she questioned, leaning in on the counter.

"me and jiung aren't a "thing", and his names haechan. he's just some guy who works at the country club." jing scoffed, setting her own mug down. "god i can't become friends with a male without everyone being up my ass about it." she muttered.

"hey there's no sugarcoating the way you work, i'm just observing." daiyu held her hands beside her head in defense. "but you don't just buy 'some guy' an expensive suit and go to a party in a barn because he asked you to." she shook her head knowingly.

jing furrowed her brows, questioning how the younger knew any of that. "contrary to popular belief, feng loves to gossip." the younger snorted. of course, the person she least expected to snitch on her.

"whatever. instead of my life, let's talk about my conspiracy theory." jing mused as she sat on one of the chairs at the breakfast bar. "i think that jaili has a thing for yo-" the brown haired girl was cut off by her phone ringing loudly, nearly vibrating its way out of her pocket.

she pulled out the device with an eye roll, expecting it to be jiung or liu, calling to fuss over her still being sick. so you can imagine her surprise when she realized the very male they had been talking about was the one who was calling.

she pressed the accept call button, holding the phone to her ear. "didn't i tell you not to call me? text me first." she mumbled, sending daiyu a look as she grabbed her mug and made her way to the living room.