De Profundis

SO I SWEAR I WAS GOING TO UPDATE MY OTHER FIC

but then i saw this BBB animatic and my childhood fascination of this story ignited, and THEN I SAW THE FICS

and i was like, this fandom SORELY lacks content that covers Boboiboy's crew as much as Boboiboy and the elementals. so I was like why not fix that??

this is my first BBB fic guys! hope y'all like this

==

The end of Ying's world started on a normal day.

Or, maybe not that normal of a day. They were on Earth for their vacation, having been here for three days now, and their gang agreed on spending the third day overnight at Boboiboy's family's home.

The reason was what happens the next day.

"Do you think they're awake yet?", bleary purple eyes looked down the stairs. Fang removed his glasses to rub his eyes, just as Ying went past him with a yawn.

Surprise surprise, she could hear voices down to Tok Aba's kitchen despite it being, like, 4AM right now. She thinks it's only natural, for today.

"Do you think we should stack three crackers this time, or should we stick to five? Thi--Daun, don't put the strawberry jam in! Not yet!"

"This is stupid."

"You don't have to do this if you don't want to, Petir."

"Shut up, Cahaya, no one asked you."

"Tanah, I think we should add peanut butter on everything."

"Angin, we can't do that."

"Come on, guys, take this seriously..."

"Boboiboy's right! Be serious! We need jelly! MORE JELLY!"

"Api, my ear!"

At least the brothers are up and about in this ungodly hour.

According to Tok Aba, ever since they were still six-year-olds, the siblings have had this tradition on their father's birthday every year, even if the guy isn't here anymore.

What's the tradition?

Oh, just making treats.

Which would be fine, except as Ying rounded the corner, she saw the table in a mess of crackers, filling, and ribbons. Eight identical-looking teens wearing different colors of silly-looking pajamas conquered the kitchen together, turning to her in sync when she walked in.

Having walked in on this scene several times before in the past eight years she's been friends with them, though, Ying barely bats an eye. "Good morning. Can you make way for me to go to the fridge? I want water."

One of them, with hazel brown eyes and brown pajamas, smiled. "Good morning, Ying. Did we wake you?"

"Nope", Ying shot that down quickly. She doesn't want to make Daun upset, and anyway, she's telling the truth. "Just wanted to drink."

Tanah nods. The brothers all went back to what they were doing as he went past his red-wearing and gold-and-white-wearing siblings. He didn't mind Petir, the former's resting b*tch face, and the horrid concoction the latter, Cahaya, is making, in favor of getting the pitcher of water and a glass.

Ying figured Tanah would give her the glass of water himself, so she turned to look at the treats. Coincidentally, she met eyes with the one wearing orange.

"Hi, Ying", Boboiboy smiled.

He didn't have his cap on, so Ying couldn't help drifting her gaze to his brown hair--particularly, to the white strands visible there.