Unseen Wall

CW: Panic attack, but only near the end

So, plot thickens! Let's see what happens...

==

Knock. Knock.

A voice called out from the other side. "Come in!"

Api slowly opened the door, letting himself in the room. "Tanah...?"

Hazel brown eyes looked up, the sole occupant of the room lying in one of the two beds while in the middle of writing something on a stack of paper. Api thinks it might be the mission report, to be given to Commander Koko Ci when they get back to TAPOPS station.

But the second Tanah saw Api walk in, the earth elemental wielder immediately puts the pen and papers down to the side.

"Api", Tanah then pats the empty space next to him. "Come here."

Hesitantly, the fire elemental user complied. Api went near, and gentle hands grabbed Api's own palms, bandaged up and stinging from the ointment and herbs as they currently are, to guide Api down to the bed. Tanah lets go right after, most likely in consideration of Api's wounds.

"How are you feeling?", the earth elemental user then started, smiling softly.

Api considered the question. He was...he's okay, he thinks. He's alive.

They're all alive.

Alive, but not really unscathed.

Api doesn't think anyone among the team had gotten out unharmed. His own hands, for example, was now covered in burns from when he forced an attack on that stupid grim reaper.

Cahaya, Angin, and Air are still unconscious, with Ochobot and Papa Zola watching over them. Petir's hands are bandaged up, too, from his fingertips to his arms, made from when he struck his lightning blades at the door and everything that came after.

Gopal had a broken arm and sprained ankle, either from when the grim reaper first appeared or when Api went overboard with his attack. Daun and Fang are covered in cuts and bruises, likely from the tendrils. Fang had a large bruise on his stomach, too.

Boboiboy's whole body ached, especially his back, because he used an untested new move to defeat the enemy. Ying and Yaya, who both refuse to leave his side while Boboiboy sleeps his injuries off, are also covered in cuts and bruises.

Even Tanah. Looking at him now, Api could see bruises hidden behind square bandaids on his face, scratches on calloused yet dainty hands, and knuckles bandaged to cover the wounds made from repeatedly punching the ground to generate walls and protection.

Everyone got hurt.

And Api wondered, is it because of me?

He doesn't regret it. Doesn't regret acting, knowing that if he didn't do that, he and Air wouldn't have been able to make that pillar to protect the others and allow them all to communicate without worrying about getting killed all of a sudden.

He doesn't regret trying to murder that f**ker, too. It hurt Angin and Api, what was he supposed to do? Just let it stand there?

But...

Boboiboy was hurt the most, and almost messed up more of his own memories because of Api, because he wanted to save Api again.

And Petir is pissed. He's super duper pissed.

Yet what about Tanah? If Tanah's also angry...

Api wouldn't be able to stand it.

"Big brother Tanah, I'm sorry" Api grabbed his big brother's hands, desperate. He hopes, he's hoping. "I know I was reckless in the mission. I'll change. I won't do it again. Please don't be mad at me, too!"