Honest Intentions

"Yaya? I need to tell you something."

Those ominous words from her best friend were the start of Yaya's morning, that day.

Well--that wasn't exactly accurate. Her start of the day was fixing the library, since somehow, a hurricane entered the space and razed it all into the ground.

Really, Yaya shouldn't bother to be surprised anymore.

Though it was still unexpected when after straightening the shelves back in place, her best friend suddenly approached her. Then Ying said those words...

Yaya wasn't sure what to expect, with this. Ying looks so serious...

"Okay", and so, Yaya nods without hesitation. If Ying needs her, Yaya will always be here for her. "Just let me put the books back first."

Yaya does her best to finish as fast as possible, which is thankfully not that difficult thanks to her Gravity Manipulation power.

At some point, she could glimpse some people peeking in and seeing the library's state, but she didn't pay it any mind. The sooner she finishes, the sooner she can listen to Ying and help her.

Ever since the night before the mission to rescue Combot started, Ying had been acting like she was holding the world on her shoulders. While Yaya couldn't quite understand how that happened, if she can shoulder some of Ying's burden...

By the time only three books were left to shelf, Ying speaks up. "If I told you I traveled back in time, would you believe me?"

The girl wearing pink paused at this.

It wasn't like she didn't consider the possibility that Ying's change was brought about by her best friend's ability to manipulate time. But--the thought was so farfetched.

Ying never showed she could turn back time, only slowing it down or speeding it up for herself.

But if Ying did travel back...well, it would explain a lot of things.

"Say that I believe you", Yaya started, placing the remaining three books on the shelf with her own hands this time. One, two, three. "What's the future like? Why did you travel back?"

Ying opened her lips.

But then the library doors suddenly opened again, and both girls turned to see a certain yellow power sphere, who froze at the sudden attention.

"I-I didn't mean to overhear", Ochobot says sheepishly, wringing his hands together. "I just wanted to find a book."

A sigh. Ying managed a smile, gesturing Ochobot to get in. "It's okay. I don't mind. How much did you hear?"

"I'd like to scan your watch, if you don't mind? If you traveled through time, chances are that you've tapped into your third tier. Maybe even unlocked it. It's best to make sure."

Yaya taps her chin, eyebrows furrowing. Ochobot's concern...was not unreasonable.

The power watches give them their powers, each different based on what ability it holds. For example, the Tengku brothers except for Boboiboy all got elemental abilities, while the rest of them received capabilities to mess with the laws of the universe.

And though the power watches and the powers bestowed to them remain a mystery even with Cahaya's efforts in researching, Ochobot's observations, and Databot's occasional inputs, what they are sure of are two things.

One; is that there are previous owners of the powers they have, before Ochobot gave these watches to them.

Though they only know the previous owners of the elemental powers, that noseless jerk Retak'ka included, it doesn't get rid of the fact that the rest of the powers of their group most likely had previous owners, too.