Recklessness - I

It was Cahaya's plan, in the old timeline.

Boboiboy may be their default leader, but it's Cahaya who proved himself to be a great strategist. It's kind of a no-brainer, really.

Since the other half of the mission involved helping Boboiboy by finding Lapidemsibilus, it was decided that they won't stress him out more than necessary--and so Cahaya was put in charge of the plan for the mission with Combot.

Fang and Papa Zola scouted the area, as Cahaya told them to do, and so the general area was able to be estimated. Ochobot tagged along, too, so the robot could detect what the captured power sphere is.

Papa Zola also mentioned that there's another guy in there, so. That's a thing.

When asked, Fang reported noticing pillars and bars on windows and walls, so Cahaya decided to use that to their advantage.

Since the area was fairly small, Cahaya decided to have Tanah, Petir, Ying, and Fang with them, while the rest goes off to find the lead on Lapidemsibilus.

"Are you sure?", Boboiboy had brought up when they were all told of this. "What if something unexpected happens?"

"I can handle it", Cahaya answered with a proud lift of his chin. "I hold the strongest element! I definitely got this, so don't worry your pretty little head, mhm?"

"Okay, then, if you're so sure..."

"Famous last words", Api muttered what Ying had been thinking at that time.

He paid for it with sore cheeks from the solar elemental wielder who didn't really take that remark kindly. Poor Api.

To Cahaya's credit, it did went well. At first.

Fang's shadow animals provided them with a way to find an entrance big enough for them yo slip through.

Ying and Petir had extraordinary speed, so they could quickly enter there to scope out the room's general area in a blink.

Now, Ying doesn't really remember much of that place. If it was Tanah who traveled back, he could have gone on a tangent about how high the pillars are, how the ceiling looks like they're one wrong move away from crumbling, the colors, how the structure must have been built--but it's not Tanah who came back, it's Ying, and so Ying can only tell you what she remembers happening.

And so Ying can only tell you that they saw no enemies anywhere. Only the power sphere lying in wait at the center of the room, trapped in a cage.

"I thought Ochobot said another guy's s'posed to be here?", she'd scratched her head, wondering. She warily looked around the walls, half-expecting for an enemy to come popping out like Marvel's Vision in that one movie. "Did it leave?"

"If it left, it made a stupid decision", Cahaya commented dryly through their power watch's comms. "Keep looking. Maybe traps are lying around."

Petir scoffed. "There's no threat. It'll just be a waste of time--what if the other guy comes back? We need to take the sphere now."

Ying remembers humming along, because--Petir has a point. What if they're just overthinking this? And by just swooping in and taking the sphere right away, what if they could avoid a fight like that? Then they'd all be able to go home.

Cahaya seems to consider that, too, though his voice suggested he was wary of it.

Tanah was the one who actually voiced their wariness, as is expected of him. "We can't be too sure. At least check the power sphere? Make sure there's no trap placed on Combot."