Things to Come

Boboiboy had absolutely no idea what was going on with Ying, and it shows.

Ying thinks that makes sense. Back in the--in the end, he wasn't Boboiboy anymore. He lost everything that made him himself.

Though she has no idea how the afterlife could have given it all back to him. Maybe that's just how it works?

A hand placed itself on her back, rubbing in soothing circles. Yaya entered Ying's field of vision next, pink hijab cleanly tucked beneath her cap.

Ying flinched. She couldn't forget the dark and the crushing weight and destruction--

But this Yaya's eyes were purely brown, with nothing unhinged lurking in there. Only concern. "You okay, Ying? Was it a bad dream?"

Ba...bad dream?

Ha.

Ying wished it were just a bad dream.

At least the afterlife returned her best friend, too. Yaya...

"Maybe you should go back to your room."

Ying snapped her head up.

Fang's purple eyes blinked rapidly, obviously startled by her sudden move. Still, he didn't let that waver his cool guy thing. "I'm just saying."

Ying covered her mouth, shaking. She couldn't take her eyes off him.

Fang was--Fang was in pieces when--

"I'll go ask the admiral if Ying can sit this one out", Yaya starts to stand from her seat--

No! Ying clings to her best friend's sleeve, grip as tight as death.

"Ying?"

She...she doesn't want Yaya to leave...

"...okay", Yaya sinks back to her seat, much to Ying's relief. "I'll stay. I won't go anywhere."

And then suddenly, Ying can't see. The familiar presence on her nose and ears was gone, and she couldn't see anything clearly.

"Your glasses are getting foggy", the culprit said confidently. "I'll go clean it."

A sigh from Boboiboy. "Gopal..."

"What? It's the truth!"

...and Ying only laughs. Tears probably started trickling down her cheeks, though she wasn't really sure--though she felt a bit better with the arms encircling her back and sides.

She never thought she'd miss this.

"Guys", Gopal spoke slowly, a moment of silence later. He's still holding onto her glasses. "Something's wrong. Ying hasn't punched me yet."

"That's your reasoning?", came Fang's dry reply. Since when did he get close?

Ying wiped her eyes. She raised her hand.

And then Gopal was thrown across the room, much to everyone else's chagrin.

"Ah, there it is", a dazed laugh from her food-loving friend, before falling silent. Having gotten her glasses back from her attack, Ying puts them on to see that Gopal's passed out.

He deserves it, for taking her glasses. H-hmph...

...Ying didn't kill him, right? Since they're all already dead, no one can die? Right?

Wanting to make sure regardless, she looks to where her friend fell, and beneath Gopal, she sees--a sleeping Air?

Ying blinks.