Secret

When I woke up from my nap I had a text from mom she said she won't be back tonight, Great!
I looked up at the clock it was 6pm maybe I'll finish the song I've been working on... I got dressed in a white tshirt and blue jeans nothing special and my green converse. I put my dairy and pencil case in my bag put on my headphones and rode to Slices on my bicycle.
There are 3 places I go to clear my mind Ashlyns house, Slices Big Reds family owned Pizzeria and the lake right outside town. At the Pizzeria in the back Mrs Red has a table set up for the staff, it's so peaceful. Well customers aren't allowed there but Mrs Red let's Ash Rick and I use it.

I walked into Slices and spotted Biggie, "Hey Biggie" I called out and we hugged each other.
"Bigs if it's not any trouble can I use the back ?" I asked, "I'm so sorry Lola it's full the staff had a long day so they just took a break why don't you take the corner booth, you working on a new art piece?" He asked.
"Yeah that works thanks! yep new art piece it is" I lied .
Biggie and Rick called me Lola since we were little we watched loony tunes all the time Rick was Bugs Bunny I was Lola and Biggie was Taz he would spin around the house and break stuff all the time.

I sat in the corner booth and took out my dairy, Sam one of the staff members came with the chocolate milkshake I had ordered. I thanked him and got back to work, I put in my headphones and listened to the piano melody I created for the song. I began scribbling on the paper and didn't notice a figure looming over me. I picked my milkshake to take a sip when suddenly someone tapped my shoulder and I dropped the drink on myself. My white tshirt specifically, 'Well that's it for that tshirt'.
I turned around to see EJ Caswell standing there, what's he doing here on a school night. 
I realized he'd been talking while I was zoned out. "Hey LJ ! I'm so sorry I startled you uhm..why don't you clean up".
yeah he called me LJ, he would always say it was a sign that we were meant to be, he found that real funny, well me? Not so much.
I came back from the bathroom after cleaning up it didn't help much.
"Here take my Jacket you'll catch a cold " he said. I took it and wore it I have always loved this jacket. It was his Letterman Jacket with his Intials on it, hmmm smells just like him.
He pulled me out of EJ Land when he asked,
"I'm so sorry for peaking but did you write that?" he asked pointing towards my dairy, luckily I didn't spill over it. "Ah ya I kinda did" he sat down in front of me" LJ is that about Matt did he cheat on you?" he asked holding my hand. It felt weird when someone else said it. That's why I didnt let anyone know the reason for the break up. I did not want people to hate Matt and I didn't what to be known as the girl who got cheated on.
"EJ I don't wanna talk about it please "I begged my eyes now threatening to spill the tears I've been holding in.

"Hey, hey look at me your my cousins best friend ok. Your like Ash to me and I feel like protecting you just like I do for Ash. I'm here for you ok?".

Ouch! Why does he have to remind me that I'm like Ash to him. I don't wanna be his sister.
"LJ please tell me what happened" so I did, I told him about Matt cheating on me with Nicole.
"I mean he needed to be loved and maybe I wasn't able to do that and he found it in Nicole can you blame him she's perfect".
"Hey Lila Jane Stewart" he said my full name I looked up into his green eyes and he continued "First of all you are perfect you have always been, you were an amazing girlfriend and if that idiot couldn't see it, his loss.
As for Nicole she didn't give him love. I know Nicky ok, she doesn't date or do relationships. So no there was no love so stop blaming yourself. Matt was wrong for what he did he's not a kid. He lost the most amazing thing he had. And he was very lucky to have it in the first place. Not everyone gets to be loved by Lila".
I smiled at him see when he talks like that It reminds me of why I had a massive crush on this green eyed idiot in the first place.
"Wait what do you mean by Nicky ?".
"Oh that's what I call her, She's ..we are.. she's a friend". Well this became awkward. I just replied with an okay.
"LJ do you want me to drop you home ? It's getting dark", I nodded my head still processing everything.

The ride back home was really quiet. None of us said anything. EJ seemed to be zoned out and I didn't wanna interfere. He removed my bike from the carrier and waited till I entered my house. I saw him drive away.  Gosh why did he have to be related to Ash.

TIME SKIP

I had finished my song and decided to send it to Ash before calling it a day.
I hit record on my phone and started singing.

I pulled into your driveway again
We kissed, but it felt different
I shoulda seen it comin' then, mhm
You swore that you only had a crush
You told me that you would cut her off
I shoulda seen it comin' then, mhm
My friends all warned me I should run for the hills
But I defended you still
'Cause I knew rumors could kill, ohh

Oh, your secret's safe with me
And her, and all of our friends you told
Oh, you don't even know, I know
Don't worry, 'cause I'm keepin' my mouth closed
Yeah, your secret's safe with me
And her, and everyone else who knows 'bout it
How could you be so cold?
Don't worry, 'cause I'm keepin' my mouth closed
Yeah, your secret's safe with me

I really hope you had your fun
Good for you foolin' everyone
You had me tricked for sixteen months, ohh
Your smoke and mirrors had me hypnotized
Right in front of my eyes
Well, I heard the truth last night

Your secret's safe with me
And her, and all of our friends you told
Oh, you don't even know, I know
Don't worry, 'cause I'm keepin' my mouth closed
Yeah, your secret's safe with me
And her, and everyone else who knows 'bout it
How could you be so cold?
Don't worry, 'cause I'm keepin' my mouth closed

When your "woe is me" stops workin'
I bet your songs won't sound the same
The truth you can't deny, it changed everything
Oh, you can't hide behind what's clear as day

Oh, your secret's safe with me
And her and all of our friends you told
(All our friends you told, they know)
Oh, you don't even know, I know (I know)
Don't worry, 'cause I'm keepin' my mouth closed (you know)

Yeah, your secret's safe with me
And her, and everyone else who knows
(All of our friends, they know) 'bout it
How could you be so cold?
Don't worry, 'cause I'm keepin' my mouth closed
Yeah, your secret's safe with me
And her and all of our friends you told
Yeah, your secret's safe with me
And her and all of our friends you told
Yeah, your secret's safe with me.

I sent the file to Ash.

To Ash: Hey Ash I was working on a song called SECRET. Well it's about Matt and here it is. Let me know what you think about it. Goodnight babe. Love you !

I turned my phone off and went to bed tomorrow is the first day of school. Lots of drama awaits me and I need to get my beauty sleep.

Next : you let my Secret out? Literally!....