Kiss?

Next day at school Lila and EJ kept stealing glances at each other, Lila went home last night with a huge grin and a warm heart. Nini noticed the stares her boyfriend was giving the brunette who plays Kelsi, Nini had arrived late for the rehearsals, she found out that Gina had scheduled an early rehearsals, but Nini missed it as she couldn't find her phone, she found it that morning in the lost and found bin.

Nini suspects foul play and she has two suspects.

Suspect 1
Gina Porter, because she wants the role of Gabriella and is willing to do anything to get Nini out of the way.

Suspect 2
Lila Jane, because she hates Nini and is planning a revenge.
And by the looks of what was going on between Lila and EJ, Nini's bet was on Lila.

Lila was done with rehearsals for the day but she had no plans of going home, after last night Lila hasn't spoken to her mom. She found a sorry note on the refrigerator this morning with a plate of freshly made waffles.
Lila decided to sit down on the stairs that lead to the library to work on some sketches, she couldn't find her sketch book so she used a spare notebook, she sat down with her  earphones in blasting Taylor Swift, too engrossed to even notice EJ sitting next to her.

She raised her head to grab another pencil when she noticed him, "Hey what are you doing here?" She asked removing her earphones. " Oh nothing, I was just passing by and I saw you, so I stopped by"
"Do you want to talk about something?" She asked confused, "I just want to watch you draw.....is that ok?" he asked, causing Lila to blush the deepest shade of red as she nodded her head in return.
"Uhm you know what? I should go, yeah" he got up to leave when Lila held his hand. " Eej? " She said urging him to stay.

"I can't keep pretending anymore Lily, I can't pretend like I don't know what Nini did, I can't pretend like I didn't steal her phone, I've been trying so hard to save something that wasn't there in the first place, I need to tell her the truth before she steals something else", I looked at him with a 'what the hell is that supposed to mean look'
"Oh yeah she stole Gina's shoes, she thought Gina stole her phone, and I'm pretty sure she thinks you're in on this too"

"What? Wait does that mean she stole my sketchbook, Oh my God Eej! You need to fix this"
"Yeah yeah I will, I Promise!" He said getting up to leave EJs alarm went off signaling him it was time for rehearsals, Miss Jenn had called EJ and Ricky to go over some of the Troy and Chad scenes. Lila began packing her stuff up too since it was time to go home.

"So what were you drawing? " EJ asked trying to get a peek before he left
"Just something I love!" She replied walking backwards and then disappearing into the crowd.
Ej smiled at the retreating figure of the girl he had grown so close to.

In the bomb shelter

Miss Jenn held back Ricky and EJ for rehearsals she wanted to work on the Troy and Chad scene.

"Troy and Chad, scene 45! " Miss Jenn announced,
" Okay let's take it from the top And remember these two boys are "best bros" Which it is a sacred thing for reasons I will never understand, ready?"
"We had a meeting about how we haven't been like a team, Troy Us, not you and the singing thing... " Ej said as Chad
"I do not want to talk about it" said Troy
" We want you to know that we are going to be there cheering for you Look win or lose... We are teammates Even if you turn out to be the worst singer in the world" replied EJ emphasizing on the last line.
"And you are not going to hear me sing dudes because Gabriella won't even talk to me, and I do not know why" said Ricky as Troy.
"Okay, that was okay but it was a little stiff Let's loosen up pass some energy back and forth right Let's use the ball and improvise" Miss Jenn intervened.
"Just say whatever?" EJ asked, "Chad it up" replied Miss Jenn seeming proud of her pun.
"Troy, you are the best player we have got, we are so lucky" EJ said throwing the ball at Ricky.
"Wouldn't be anything without you" replied Ricky throwing the ball back with more force.
"The way you pretend to play basketball is really inspiring" said Ej through gritted teeth.
"Thanks, Chad, and the way you dance is totally normal and not at all weird for a regular high school kid" replied Ricky, the ball was now being passed on with more force.
"You deserve everything that's coming your way" said Ej,
"Back at you, dude"
"Back at you times two"
"Four! "
"Eight! "
"Back at you infinity plus one!" Ricky threw the ball right at EJs face busting his lip open.

"Okay, major overcorrect! Let's take a soft ten EJ, honey, let's get you some ice" Miss Jenn said.

Lilas pov

I was walking through the halls of East High stalling going back home, when I crashed into something rock solid, I looked up to find EJ covering his face with his hands and blood stains over his tshirt, " Eej What the hell happened?"
He moved past me and ran into the boy's washroom, I followed him in knowing very well I'm not supposed to be there.

" Eej can you please tell me what happened?" I asked again
" Ricky Bowen happened" he replied, " and you're not supposed to be here, you could get into trouble ".
" I don't care! Let me take a look" I walked towards him and examined the wound, his lip was busted open, " I have a mini first aid kit in my bag, till then hold this ice pack"
I take out the first aid kit from my bag and walk towards him I lift the piece of cotton and dab it on his lip, I could feel his gaze on me and it was making me very nervous we were really close and I finally dared to raise my eyes and look at him, he looked down at my lips and then right back at my eyes, next thing you know he was leaning in, I'm pretty sure the lacrosse team on the field could hear my heart beating right now... this is it, I happening people!!! This is all I've wanted. But when have I ever gotten what I've wanted, So right on que Ricky barged into the boy's washroom at the same time when EJ was about to kiss me.

"Ahhm am I interrupting something " he asked, "No I was just leaving " I said grabbing my stuff and running out of that awkward situation.

Turns out Ricky came there to apologize to EJ but EJ gave him a earful about the voicemail, how do I know this because EJ texted me, yeah and he said nothing about almost kissing me, as if it never happened, maybe it didn't maybe I just imagined it.

Anyways I told him to come clean to Nini before it's too late

Next: Home is a person

Author's Note: Hey guys!! Thank you for 800+ reads, I'm really sorry about the delay.

Heaven Is You- EJ Caswell hsmtmtsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें