Angel

NEXT DAY

I got a text from Ashlyn she was in the auditorium and she wanted to show me her new song. Ashlyn plays Miss Darbus in our musical and Miss Jenn asked her to write a solo for the role. So I was on my way to meet her

"Oh hey miss Darbus" I greeted her. "Wazzzuppppp! " We said together and laughed. "So what do wehave here" I asked her referring to her song. She seemed a little tense "Hey Lynny you ok? You seem tense".
"Uhm ya cool cool" she replied not very confidently.
"Ok what is it tell me I could help".
"Trust me you dont wanna help with this".

"Hey come on remember I helped you write a love letter to that stupid jock Ryder even though I hated him this can't be that bad" I laughed trying to lighten the mood, She laughed at the memory too then she continued.
"Ok so EJ asked me to steal Nini's phone so he can clear his doubts about her and Ricky" I felt my heart break again because of the green eyed boy.
I thought he would listen to me but who am I kidding I'm just his sisters friend why would it matter what I thought, "Hey Lynn forget about that dumb head you don't need to do something you're not comfortable doing. So now we are gonna do what we both love doing we are gonna singgggg".

Ashlyn started playing the piano, Gosh my best friend is so talented ....

Seems like a part of me will always have to lose
Every single time I have to choose
Swore that it felt right, but was I wrong?
Is this where I'm supposed to be at all?
I don't have the answers, not today
It's like nothing makes the questions go away
What I'd give to see if the grass was greener

On the other side of all I've had and lost
Would it be enough, or would I still be wondering?

If I could go back and change the past
Be a little braver than I had
And bet against the odds
Would I still be lost?
Even if I woke up in my dreams
Would there still be something I'm missing
If I had everything, would it mean anything
To me?

Feels like I might have broke the best thing that I had
I said too much to ever take it back
Scared I'll never find something as good
And would I even know it if I could?

From the other side of all I've had and lost
Would it be enough, or would I still be wondering?
(Or would I still be wondering, oh)

If I could go back and change the past
Be a little brave than I had
And bet against the odds
Would I still be lost?
Even if I woke up in my dreams
Would there still be something I'm missing
If I had everything, would it mean anything

Maybe I should turn around and take the other road
Or maybe I'm just looking for what I already know

I'm just wondering

LILA SINGS

I closed my eyes and began singing, As I sang the words all I could think of were the times I wanted to tell Ashlyn about my feelings for EJ or the times I almost told EJ about my feelings. I put my heart into the song ..

If I could go back and change the past
Be a little brave than I had
And bet against the odds
Would I still be lost?
Even if I woke up in my dreams
Would there still be something I'm missing
If I had everything, would it mean anything
To me?

Would it be enough
Or would I still be wondering?

EJs POV

Miss Jenn asked me to get everyone to the bomb shelter for rehearsals. I heard someone singing in the auditorium so I walked towards the voice and there I saw Ashlyn and Lila at the piano ...damn they sound good.

Then Lila sang a solo and I swear it felt like everything around us just faded away, no piano, no Ashlyn just Lila under the spotlight as she should be. She looked like an Angel...

(FLASHBACK) EJ'S POV

It was the week before Halloween during my sophomore year, I was at Ashlyns house playing video games when the bell rang LJ was coming over to plan her Halloween costume with Ash. After playing for another 20 mins I walked into the hallway near Ashs room only to find Lila sitting there alone.

"Hey LJ whatsup!" I greeted her. "Oh Eej Hi!", "So how's the planning going? "I asked.
"Well we went from cheeta girls to Smurfs and we are currently at Ah let me see she said looking into her notepad. Yes we have decided on Nothing" She laughed proud of her joke.
I laughed too gosh she's adorable, I sat there watching her hum and sketch in her notepad when I blurted out "you know you're like an Angel"

She looked at me with wide eyes and I started sweating
the thing is I have never had trouble talking to girls it always came naturally to me but with her I was always nervous like I would screw up the most amazing thing I have. Which technically I don't have and I honestly never will. She was blushing and I decided I'm gonna be honest we'll see where this goes right?

"I mean you're a life saver you've helped me countless time like with my projects a night before the deadline, or saving my ass from my dad, you've always been there and you always guide Ash on the right path, plus you look like one too..........uh ya like...I mean the both of you, you know You and Ash look like little angles" I said chuckling nervously.
Yeah ! I chickened out.
She smiled and said "sure I'll do it only if you dress as the devil" and she laughed and winked at me. Anything for you I thought.

LILA JANE STEWART will be the death of me.

(PRESENT TIME) 3RD PERSON POV

Lila and Ashlyn looked at EJ who was currently standing in the middle of the auditorium staring at them, suddenly EJ blurted out at once "I need you!. "
"What?" both Ashlyn and Lila asked not sure if they heard it right.
"Miss Jenn I meant Miss Jenn said she needs you back in the bomb shelter". EJ stuttered trying to save himself from the blunder he caused. "Oh ok yeah we'll be there" Ashlyn said, Lila walked out of the auditorium leaving the Caswells back. Ashlyn looked at EJ and said we need to talk before leaving the auditorium after her brunette best friend.

Next:  Whatcha gonna do about it lover boy