Lila Jane Stewart

Next day LILAS POV

"Hey, what's up?" Ashlyn called out as I walked with towards her locker. EJ was there leaning against her locker.
"Go away!" He said shooing us away, wow that's rude.

"No, you go away you're in front of my locker" Ashlynn replied.
"I can't believe this" Ej started.."She's around Ricky's finger"
Who? We asked.
"Miss Jenn! She added a kiss between them!"
"EJ, stop he's not bribing our director "Ashlyn said 
"He's trying to break us up, Ashlyn"
"You're paranoid" Ashlyn stated rolling her eyes.
"Really? Then why did he text Nini at the read-through? LJ what do you think about this"
".....uhmm" I look between the two of them. When I didn't say anything EJ sighed and continued.
"And why wouldn't she tell me who it was?"
"She doesn't have to tell you, dating her doesn't mean you own her" said Ashlyn she got a call from her mom so she went ahead to take it.
I feel bad for him he looks so upset he must really like her. Ok Lila you need to be the bigger person shove your feelings aside and be a good friend.

"Hey Ej" I started tapping on his shoulder he turned around and looked a me. But, what if I mess this up, I don't want to hurt him again.
"LJ you there ? Hey? " he asked
"Oh uh yeah sorry I got lost .."
"In my eyes ? Again? "
Im pretty sure I look like a tomato right now. How do I manage to embarrass myself in front of him everytime.
I decided not respond to that I cleared my throat and continued.

"Hey so I wanted to say that you shouldn't be worried about Nini and Ricky. I'm pretty sure that even if he is trying to get back with her Nini won't agree to it why would she give you up. I mean you're a really nice guy I see the way you treat her it's really sweet you're a really good boyfriend she won't mess that up I mean if I had you I would never let go"
Shoot I shouldn't have said that, He raised his brows and said with a smirk on his face "why my eyes are so hard to resist?"
"..I was really hoping you'd forgotten that" I said cringing at the memory.
"Nope not happening" he laughed.
It was time for my next class so I bid good bye to him and walked towards the bomb shelter for rehearsals with a flushed face.

EJ'S POV

"Lila Jane Stewart deserves the best the world has to offer. I hate the fact that admiration make her uncomfortable because she is worth admiring she's so special and beautiful. I can't believe she said that to me everyone's been telling me how I shouldn't doubt Ricky and Nini because that would harm our relationship and I would lose her. Lila was the first one to say that Nini would never do it because she could lose me. She made me feel that I'm good enough and that's something no one has ever made me feel. Ive always tried to be enough for everyone for my parents, my friends, for Nini and here comes a girl who has no idea that she's been holding my heart in her hand since the the 7th grade. I never told anyone about it. I couldn't, I wanted her but I could never have her because Lila Jane deserves the best the world has to offer and I'm not it. I'm far from it."

"I need you to borrow her phone for me" I said to Ashlyn.
"Borrow? As in steal? Okay, you've just gone up three levels of scary "Ashlyn said. " If she ever found out... She won't! "I yelled "She could and if she did Nini would never forgive you Or me, you want to take that risk?" Ashlyn asked me.
Honestly I don't know what I'm even trying to do, I just know that I can't lose Nini, she's not Lila but she's been a very good friend to me and I don't wanna lose her. Im just pissed that Ricky stole my role and now he's out to get my girlfriend too, plus I need someone to help me get over Lila and Nini is that girl , I know it's not fair to her but there's no other way.
"Ashlyn, please, she's not like the other girls I've dated Nini is real she makes me better"
That's not completely true...I've been feeling a little distant with Nini lately as if the connection that I felt between us at camp isn't there anymore. Was it even there in the first place or did I make it up to get over LJ, I don't know but I can't lose her. God! I need to figure this out soon.

LILAS POV

Im sick of Ricky's plan currently we were learning the final song and Ricky is not helping at all. Can we wait for Miss Jenn? I asked annoyed by the lack of discipline. "Miss Jenn is busy tracking down a prop She's asked me to create a crescendo, people so let's stop swirling and start twirling" Carlos has so much energy I envy him.

I went back to my sketch book I was working on a new piece. I drowned out the noises until I heard yelling,
"Because you're not here Not for the right reasons" Nini yelled....ugh here we go again...It turned into an argument with Nini and Ricky storming off.

"Mission accomplished!" Miss Jenn stated entering the room. "A precious piece of the original HSM is on its way Where are you going, Troy? "She said. "It's Ricky! " He replied. "Get him back, now "miss Jenn said looking at Carlos and me.
When I caught up with Ricky I heard Big Red
"Dude, what did she say? Why are we leaving? "
"Because Operation Troy was a huge mistake it just made things worse" Ricky said. I walked off hearing him say that I wasn't going to pacify him not this time. He can't make the same mistake every time, he can't live like that, Ricky was meant for theater and I can't convince him to not quit again.

That evening Big Red called me to tell me about Ricky's home situation now I feel bad for being a bad friend.
I picked my bag and drove towards the skate rink that's where he went everytime he needed to clear his mind.

3RD PERSON POV

Lila saw Ricky walk towards the rink a girl called after him. It was Gina. "That sucks having you there kind of gave us all street cred I mean, you're not a drama geek you've never sang outside your shower"

LILAS POV

I walked out of there, Maybe he needs new people around him Big Red and I have tried but we couldn't help him Maybe new girl here has some tricks, Gina has been putting up a mean girl act in front of people but she's much more than a scary transfer student, I'm gonna find out soon.

So next morning Ricky asked me to meet him in the Library. When I walked in I heard Carlos "If you plan on assaulting me I have to warn you my mother plays Bunko with the librarian and we will press charges". Ricky ignored him and said to the both of us "I want to show you something okay? Check it out six, seven..." and he began dancing he learnt the choreography for the last song. "Wow! You've been practicing I thought you quit "Carlos said. "Not doing that anymore Still not sure on this last part " Ricky said.
I didnt say anything to Ricky while Carlos was teaching him how to do the last part of the dance. Ricky looked at me, my proud grin was enough to show him how happy I was. I hugged him real tight and whispered a
' I'm proud of you ' in his ear. I truly am he is super talented and the world needs to see it and Nini or is parents do not get a say in that.

Next: you know....you could be an Angel.

EJ Caswell you're the best