Nova

I stood nervously in front of my best friend Ena's apartment door
I haven't seen her for half a year.
We didn't make a single phone call, but that was understandable because I knew that she thought she would distract me from my studies.
My fist knocked lightly on the door.
"Yes-pardon me-wait-I'll be right there." came out of the apartment.
Her frantic voice told me she was just relaxing.
The door flew open.
In front of me stood my best friend, in a bathrobe and a cloth wrapped around her hair.
She didn't notice me at first, but she jumped into my arms when she noticed it.
"New-Oh you shit-what are you looking for here?" She asked hesitantly with excitement and she looked at me from head to toe as if she were a mother who hasn't seen her daughter in years.
I was about to start explaining everything but her finger silenced me.
"Psht. Come in first," she said, hastily pulling me in. After Ena got ready and I changed our clothes, we went to eat in one of our favorite restaurants. Her hand automatically tucked under mine and we walked along the streets, it was quite dark but totally warm. I missed that so much."So, tell me everything, and don't forget to tell me why the hell you're here and not in London." Oh, holy shit." was her reaction to my last six months."Yes, that was confusing," I said with a sigh."Oh my God, this guy was really hot and respectful in the beginning, and then." she snapped her thumb and middle finger, and then an expression of surprise spread across her brownish, glittering face." Have you already chosen who takes what? Or-" The waiter, Nathan, whom we had known since we were children, handed us elegant menus."As always, Nat," Ena broke it off. He winked at us. "How are you? And you Nova? How was it in London?" he asked, sitting down next to us. I and Ena exchanged a funny look and laughed."Aha, what was?" Now he looked at both of us in need. Once again I told him everything." Santa mierda," he said, his eyes wide open."Hello?! Will you please come once!? -" shouted the neighboring table who had been sitting there for 1 hour without a menu and looked in Nat's direction."¡Cállate y ten paciencia!" he shouted back and looked at us again."Well, I'll go give them something to eat, which they do much more often, in seconds." he hissed and gave us two short hugs before he went over to the scolding table. I grinned at Ena." So tell me more about him." she said and looked at me intently. I hesitated."So, what can I say, he is perfect, so perfect you can hardly recognize errors and if you recognize any, they become mistakes that you can understand and then see as perfect." I remembered the moments, days, hours, minutes, seconds, and breaths I experienced with him., His mouth, his beautiful, clear green eyes that you only get 1 time in a lifetime. His name. Jayce-" I stopped when I saw my friend's choked face. Her fork crashed onto her plate as if in slow motion and then down onto the red floor. The hand holding the fork remained frozen in the air without twitching a muscle." Nova, how is his name spelled?" she asked, still not looking me in the eye but staring past me." J-a-y-c-e" I spelled hesitantly in confusion. She hastily got up and ran into the bathroom around the corner. I also quickly got up and ran after her. When I arrived at the toilet I didn't see her anywhere. Then I heard someone crying and looked into every toilet until I found the right one. Ena sat down on the toilet lid and buried her face in her hands. I closed the door behind me and knelt on the floor in front of her. My hands gripped hers tightly and I calmed her." Nova,-Nova..." she said with the last of her strength. Her red eyes, from all the tears, looked down at me." Ena, all good. What's wrong?" her eyes kept looking briefly into mine and then away again." Shit, I think he's my brother," she said, and her face hid from me in her hands again. As if everything around us had stopped as if my heart had gone still as if all the air in me had been sucked out again and thrown out until there was none left. As if I would be choked without stopping until I took my last breath. It hurt. Not me but Ena." How do you know? It could be anyone with a name like that?" I asked, confused."Show me a photo," she ordered. I dug my phone out of my pocket and only then noticed that I had no photos of him." Wait, give it to me," she told me when she saw my confused look. She took the phone out of my hands and typed something hastily, trembling. When the typing stopped, she held the phone in front of my face. Jayce's pictures were on display when he was young and when he was older, around 13. It was his perfect clear green eyes by which I recognized him. The facial features, everything." He's my brother, Nova, it's him, I know it, I feel it,' she said, getting louder and louder."All right, Ena." I hugged her. When I looked over her shoulder at my phone, which was now lying on the floor, and saw a message pop up.By someone anonymous. All in big letters. Every single letter stabbed me right in the heart like an arrow. I felt the blood coming up inside me. To want to get out of me. My body was no longer functioning as it should, and my heart stopped for good. I swallowed it all. All." Ena, I have to go to London," I told her firmly. Her eyes flew open. What? Why?" she asked, startled, and jumped up." Please, I must, I'm to blame for everything, I'm sorry," I replied and fell into her arms. Ok. I understand." she said but I knew she didn't mean it." Listen to me, your brother needs an apology, urgent, very urgent, let me give him, please, Ena." I begged her. I knew it was wrong to hide it from her, but I couldn't help it. If the situation was different, I would stay with her, but I couldn't afford that. I had to do her one last favor.