mmm

It's been a a week.

I try not to think about Clay.

I try not to feel sorry to Buster, he's been hating my constant random apologies.

And I've been trying not to worry.

Performing at the Majestic is my job, I can't just avoid the show. I can't just avoid Clay when I go there.
C

ok

Someone said something behind me, taking me out of my thoughts.

"Hey y/n, we should get going." Porsha emerged from the hallway.

I grabbed my phone, taking a look at the time. "Oh, I suppose you're right." I swallowed.

She walked out as I followed behind her. Buster was already sitting outside on the balcony.

We all got into my car, "ok. Seatbelts?" I turn to make sure they were both good. "Ok.." I sigh and leave.

___

As we entered I got increasingly more nervous. My heart picked up it's pace an my hands and teeth became jittery.

"Uh, are you, like, good?" Porsha asked looking down to me as she held the door for us.

"Huh-what? Oh yeah." I nodded and gave her a thumbs up.

She narrowed her eyes at me before accepting my answer and continuing down the hall.

Buster stayed completely quiet behind me just following.

As we made it through the doorway leading to backstage and dressing rooms I noticed we there the last ones to arrive.

Some of the cast was in costume already and others were in their casual clothes talking amongst each other.

I set my personal bag down and waste no time with greeting my friends. Instead I head straight to my room to get my costume and makeup on.

After I was done, I didn't leave my space. Instead, just examining my face in the vanity mirror.

I only noticed my surroundings once again once there was a knock on the door. "Hello?" Ash asked on the other side. "You good in there?"

I didn't respond with my words, Taking the alternate option of silently getting up and opening the door.

"Hey Ash. I'm just dandy. Did you need anything from me?" I leaned up to the door frame.

"Well, not exactly. You were just in here so long." She pointed out. "Though, if you wouldn't mind you can help me find Clay." She shrugged.

"..what?" I asked at her words. "Clay is gone? Where is he?"

"That's what I'm trying to figure out." She laughed and rolled her eyes playfully.

She started to walk back down the hallway leaving me at the door. My heart was sinking faster and harder by the second.

"Where is he then.. what if.. where.." my brain started to chaotically blur. I shut my door and snatched my phone from the stand of my desk to tell Buster to get in here.