[A siren's song] Siren!Error x Pirate!Ink

Error swam through the water, movements graceful and calm. He was close to the surface, but he preferred it that way. There was nothing wrong with this, even if everyone else said it was 'tOo DaNgErOuS' What did they know? He was swimming alongside a fish when he saw...something. It looked like one of the hammocks he slept on. He found the opening, and swam inside it, running a hand along the strange, rough substance making it up. It was interesting. Then, it started to move. He panicked, swimming back up towards the entrance, when the bottom of the thing pressed against his tail, and he was pulled up with quite a lot of force. He yelped, trying to struggle free, but failed. He felt a shock of coolness hit him, traveling down his body, and he shivered. He was in the net, but...On the surface? It seems like it was held in the air, and he was limp in the bottom of it, staring at the people on the...shoop? Shup? Ship? Yes, that was it, ship. He'd remembered learning about those in class. There were three others on the deck of the ship, but where were their tails? He opened his mouth to say something, but a scream from one of the figures cut him off. "EEEEE WE CAUGHT A SIREN!" One of them shouted, pumping fists into the air. They had blue eyelights, and were wearing a grey shirts, black pants, and blue gloves and boots. And a bandana around their neck, in the same shade. "Blue, relax...You'll scare it." Another said. This one had yellow eyelights, and was wearing a golden crown, a black shirt, black pants, and a yellow jacket and boots. But the one in the center caught, and held his attention. A tall figure, with ever-shifting eyelights. He wore a dark brown jacket that went to his knees, with a nice and high collar, a lighter brown scarf smudged with some unidentifyable substances, a white shirt, brown pants, and dark brown knee high boots. Across his chest was a brown band, which held a bunch of multicolored little vials. Error slightly blushed. "So PrEtTy..." He mumbled, and then started squirming around more. The figure blushed slightly, a nice rainbow hue taking over his cheeks.

He felt the thing he was in being pulled closer, and pressed against the back of it, eyes wide. He was starting to get a little dizzy, as he couldn't survive in air for long. The one who had screamed earlier, Blue, he thought his name was, ran somewhere and returned with a huge tank nearly overflowing with water. Error was dumped into the tank, where he took deep inhales of the seawater. That was a relief, but what were they going to do with him? The yellow-dressed one leaned in, tapping on the glass, and Error shied back. "How much do you think we could sell it for?" He asked. His eyes were still watching Error, but the question was directed to someone else. Before that someone else could answer, though, Error piped up. "hIm. NoT iT." He said softly, but loud enough so they could all hear. He didn't expect the one tapping the glass to jump back in panic, but it was nice to observe. His slight glee at someone being scared of him faded, as Blue scurried up, reaching both hands into his tank and putting a gag in his mouth. He fumbled at it, but had no clue how to undo it. He tried speaking, but all that came out were muffled noises. Gibberish. The tall, attractive one stepped up, looking worried. "Blue, you didn't have to do that..." Even his voice was nice. The yellow one piped in. "We had to, Ink! It-I mean, he might enchant us with his singing!" The tall one, Ink, sighed. "Dream...Alright, alright." After a few minutes more of talking, they all scuttled off. Error was left alone, to run fingers along the glass and imagine swimming through coral reefs. When the sun had dipped down, and the moon was high overhead, he had a visitor. Ink approached his tank, sitting on a relatively dry patch of the deck, and simply watched him. Error pressed his palms against the class, blinking at him, and tilted his head in an evident question. Ink looked all around, and then reached into the case slowly, unlatching the gag and removing it. Error rubbed at his mouth, staying quiet and watching.

Then Ink spoke. "What's your name?" He asked, voice soft and quiet. Error answered after a few moments, voice also quiet, to avoid waking the others. "ErRoR" He said softly. Ink nodded, smiling. "I'm Ink!" Error nodded at that. "I kNoW." Ink looked confused, then accepted that. "Sooo...What's some stuff ya like to do?" Error stared at him. What was he doing? Wasn't he scared of him too? "sInG..kNiT....sWiM." Ink smiled. "Cool! I like to draw." Error continued to watch him. "WhY aRe YoU tAlKiNg To Me..?" Ink blinked, one eyelight phasing into a question mark. "I wanna get to know ya before releasing you, duh!" Error was a bit shocked. Wasn't he going to be sold? "aReNt YoU sElLinG mE...?" Ink laughed, though kept it quiet. "Of course not! You'd be killed! Well, not killed, in the best case you might be kept as a pet or toy for some rich goof. But, you're self-aware, so I can't let that happen, now can I?" Error smiled slightly. "ThAnK yOu...." Ink grinned. "Wanna talk some more?" Error considered, and then nodded. "SuRe" And so they did. They conversed until the sun started rising, and a distant shore was within view. Ink smiled, and then picked up the tank, straining slightly as he set it on the edge of the railing. "Well, time for ya to go." He started to tilt the tank, but Error popped his head out. "WaIt. CaN wE tAlK aGaIn ToMoRrOw?" He asked hopefully. Ink chuckled, and nodded. "I'd reckon my ship's the only one with a rainbow hull, so I think you know how to find us. But, just in case, I'll be docked at the port of that town over there for a few days. Meet me on the beach tomorrow night, alright?" Error nodded, smiling. Ink continued tipping it over the edge, and some water splashed into the sea, but Error stretched forward, grabbing Ink's cheeks and giving him a light kiss before diving into the water.

As he swam home, he thought of Ink. He was looking forward to meeting him again soon. Meanwhile, on the deck of the ship, Ink was carting the now empty tank back into storage. He'd get hell from his crew, but he didn't mind. The memory of the kiss lingered in his mind, and he was blushing. It was nice. He couldn't wait to see Error again, and learn more about him. And if he was being honest to himself, maybe he could kiss the other in return. So, with the sun beaming down and the tank now safely away, he strode back onto the deck, grinning an unshakable grin.

(1209 words)

i hope yall enjoyed im just trying to think of some new like themes n shit lmao