Chapter 10: Finally Breakfast

I awoke to the sun shining in my eyes it felt good to feel the sun again. I got up and realized I was still wearing the red dress and everything from yesterday flooded into my mind, Derrick, my mom, Drake's aura, and his bite. I felt the spot where he did it but I couldn't feel anything. I took off the dress and put on pants and a purple top it was the same kind as yesterday but different color.

I took a towel from one of the outside closets and made my way to the same bathroom Nicholas and I were in yesterday, I was indeed ready for a good shower. I went straight to the sink mirror first and noticed two little bite marks on my neck, I couldn't feel them with my hand but there, there. The rush from his bite what was that? I mean I never had a man in my life but I wouldn't get excited about him especially since he bit me. I shook the thought away from my head and turned on the hot shower and it felt good.

I headed for the cafeteria when I was finished. Now was that a left or a right? This place is so confusing they should have maps. After almost ten minutes of searching, I found it. There were some people already awake eating.

I'll just grab some toast and a muffin. I sat at the first table. Yesterday was full of events maybe today will be nice and slow. I suppose we're going to have to wait to talk about the prophecy next month I don't think they know that I know about it, less worries for me now.

My mother walked in with a frantic look on her face. When she spotted me she started running.

"Violet, are you ok did he hurt you?" She's back to her old ways.

"I'm alright mom if he didn't do it I would have gone off with Dallas. You should have heard the way she talked about a village in her land." She sat down across from me and her worries subsided.

"Yes, she can be very rude sometimes."

"Mom how did you get here if you're supposed to be with her"

"I was a gift to Lord Drake from her although I think she expected him to drink me not make me work." I felt a knot in my stomach and it was all hate for that vampire.

"I'm going to grab something to eat I'll be right back."

I rolled my eyes at her. "Yes mom, could you bring me back another muffin please I don't seem to get to eat a lot during the night so I might as well eat all I can now." She smiled at me and nodded then headed towards the counter.

Through the windows, I could see the sun going down which means the vampires are going to get up soon. It was already getting more crowded in here.

Tyler sat down beside me which made me jump. "Where did you come from?" He giggled

"So how are you feeling today?"

You mean are you still dizzy? Does it hurt? Can I touch it?"

"We'll yea." I shook my head at him and bit into my toast. My mom sat on the other side of me and passed me another muffin.

"Why hello Tyler"

"Hi, Rose how are you today."

"I'm splendid today."

"Well, I'm not, I mean out of all people why would he mark her!" Kevin sat on the opposite side with his tray of food.

"Maybe because she has more manners than you" It was the older lady from before.

"Meredith I haven't seen you in a while how have you been." My mom looked very happy to see her.

"I am doing quite well except that my hips are starting to act up but I'll be alright."