+ twenty-one +

"You know, you're not that intimidating and unapproachable as people said you'd be," I smiled as we both headed back to the campsite. I could hear Sunghoon chuckling next to me as he led the way. "I can be kind and fun, okay? I don't know where you got the idea of me being intimidating."

"Well, you're always quiet. Before we even talked, you kept giving me glares and you just kept staring at me."

As I took another step, my right foot accidentally slipped forward. I fell to the ground on my bum and winced in pain, "Ow!"

He widened his eyes and immediately rushed to me, holding my arms, "Are you okay?"

"I think I sprained my ankle. Oh my God, my butt feels like I just sat on the Sun."

He squatted in front of me before saying, "Hop on."

"Are you serious?"

"Well, you can't walk with a sprained ankle, right?"

"I'm quite heavy–"

"I don't care."

I hesitantly scooted towards him before hopping onto his back. I could hear him stifling his groans as he held me carefully. He continued the journey back to the campsite in silence. It was so awkward because I knew I was too heavy for him. His face was frowning the whole time and I felt really bad.

"It's going to rain," he spoke and looked at the cloudy sky, hearing thunder making its sounds. I rested my head against his back and held him tightly for support as he rushed back to the campsite. Raindrops were starting to pour down which made me even more worried.

I guessed he felt my heart beating so rapid that he held my arm gently, "We'll make it back to the campsite safely."

My cheeks reddened and I nodded, still keeping my mouth shut. After a while, we finally reached the campsite and everyone was giving us weird looks. Sunghoon ignored all of them and headed to the teachers' tent, "Do we have a first-aid kit? Hana sprained her ankle."

The head teacher nodded and gave us the kit. "Wait, I'll give you a pack of ice," she said and gave it to Sunghoon. He carried me back to my tent and put me down properly. Ahrin and Jihu were nowhere to be found so it was a relief that we were the only ones in the tent. I didn't want to answer any questions, especially from Jihu. She would ask nonsensical questions.

Sunghoon pressed the pack of ice onto my ankle, "Am I hurting you?"

"No, it's just too cold," I closed my eyes and gripped his arm tightly. The rain started trickling down and it was making it harder for him to leave the tent. I hugged myself and felt the cold air brushing against my skin, making me shiver. He noticed and took off his jacket, "Here."

"You don't have to. It's cold."

"I insist."

We both sat close to each other to keep ourselves warm. He hugged his legs close to his chest and watched as the silhouette of the raindrops slowly trickle down against the tent.

Sunghoon

Thirty minutes had passed and it was still raining heavily. I sighed and flinched when I felt a head resting against my shoulder. I glanced at Hana and saw her sleeping with her body so close to mine. She was shivering as she hugged herself with my jacket.

I opened my arms and pulled her into my embrace, making sure she was warm and cosy. She let out a heavy sigh as she rested her head on my chest. My lips curved into a relieved smile and closed my eyes, feeling tired. With that, I fell into a slumber, waiting for the rain to stop.

💌

Hana

I opened my eyes slowly and saw a figure holding me in his embrace. As I tried to process what was happening, my eyes widened when I saw Sunghoon sleeping peacefully as he made sure to keep me warm. The rain had stopped so it was time for him to go but why did it make my heart heavy?

I didn't want him to go. I wanted him to keep holding me because it made me feel safe. Suddenly, I heard Ahrin and Heeseung's voices approaching the tent. I gasped in shock and hit Sunghoon's stomach to wake him up.

"Ow! Why did you do that?"

"It's Heeseung! And Ahrin! You have to get up."

He was dumbfounded but tried his best to get up even when he was still sleepy. I pushed him out of the tent and followed after, hoping that Heeseung and Ahrin were still a bit far from us. As we both turned around, we heard them clearing their throats.

"Sunghoon-ah, did you stay in Hana's tent when it rained earlier?"

The said guy looked at me for assurance, hoping for me to answer Heeseung. I laughed nervously and patted Sunghoon's back continuously, "It was raining so heavily earlier, I couldn't just let him go back to his tent. He'll get sick if he's drenched in the rain. It was just a nice thing to do."

Ahrin nodded, "Well, I was waiting for the rain to stop and stayed in Heeseung's tent with Jihu and Jay. We were wondering where you guys were," she said before entering our tent. "I guess I should go now," Sunghoon said and headed back to his tent with Heeseung.

Heeseung managed to turn around and winked at me, mouthing, "Did you two kiss?"

I glared at him and mouthed, "Shut up or I'll kill you."