+ twenty-four +

After changing into a new outfit, I got out of the tent and approached Sunghoon's tent to see him. Heeseung and Jay were already gone to explore the area. I reached his tent and halted when I heard him having a conversation with another person on the other side of the call. My smile faded when I heard my name being called.

"Do you think you can make Hana fall in love with you? It would be fun to trick her," I heard Taehyun laughing.

"I'm already close to her. Shouldn't we just stop this?"

"Are you in love, Sunghoon-ah? You know the others are gonna make fun of you, right?"

I backed away from the tent and felt my heart drop. The awaited person walked out and looked at me with horrified eyes. "Taehyun, I'll call you back."

I turned around and began distancing myself away from him.

"Hana."

"Get away from me."

"Hana!"

He grabbed my arm and made me look at him. I slapped his filthy hand away and slapped him, "You too, Sunghoon? Why does everyone keep betraying me?! I thought you could be trusted! All of this was just a lie?" My voice broke as I tried hard to suppress the tears.

"I can explain. Please, just listen."

"Okay. Explain. Were you and Taehyun too bored that you felt the need to lie to me? Was it fun? Was it entertaining? Answer me!"

He stayed silent and kneeled in front of me. I frowned and held both of his shoulders, "Get up. What the hell are you doing?"

He stayed still and had his head hung down. I ran my fingers through my hair as I sighed heavily. "I can't believe people are betraying me. From my best friend and then you. What did I do before to make myself deserve all this? Did I hurt you, Sunghoon?"

I glanced at him for the last time before leaving him.

💌

Two days passed and I was finally home at last. I inhaled the house scent and felt my heart skip a beat. My father brought my bags inside and smiled, "Your mother and I have something to talk to you about. Please go to the living room."

I obeyed and saw my mother reading a magazine in the room. She flashed me a huge smile and patted a spot next to her. I hurried to sit beside her before giving her a tight embrace, missing her scent. As I closed my eyes, my tears were threatening to appear. I had endured a lot of things those past few days. And all I wanted to do was to close my eyes and forget everything.

"Did something happen?"

"Yeah," I breathed out. My mother held my hand and asked, "Do you want to talk about it?"

"No."

"Okay," she grinned softly and rested her head on mine. My father finally walked into the living room and placed a brochure on the coffee table. I pulled away from the embrace and looked at the brochure in confusion. It was from a prestigious high school in the United Kingdom.

"What is this?"

"We managed to get a spot for you at this school. It'll be perfect for you. You're always stressed at your current school, I thought a new environment where everyone is the same as you would be okay. What do you think?" My father explained as he glanced at mother for assurance.

He was right. I needed to be with people who are similar to me. Maybe, I wouldn't be so sad over people who are worthless of my time. "I'll go," I replied.

"Are you sure? I mean, you should at least think about it–"

"I am sure about it," I smiled and held my mother's hand. "I'll register your name in and call the principal," my dad grinned and left to make a call.

I knew I was making a big decision. But it was time for me to leave an environment that makes me depressed all the time. I lost my friend and the one who I thought I could trust. Maybe I was feeling like this because...

I'm in love with him?

Who cares? I should forget him.