+ thirty-three +

The next day arrived. I put on my clothes and walked out of Sunghoon's bedroom silently. He was sleeping on the couch in the living room, breathing in and out calmly as he still had no idea I had woken up. I stepped closer to him and admired him for a while.

I noticed there were a few crumpled sticky notes with a pen next to them on the coffee table. I picked them up and read what he had written the night before.

"Don't forget to have breakfast."

"Have breakfast. You're gonna get an upset stomach."

"Wake me up if I'm still sleeping."

"I didn't mean to make you cry."

"Eat up, fool."

My lips curved into a small smile as I crumpled them back. I took an empty piece of sticky note before writing, "Don't worry about me. I have work so I needed to leave early. I already had breakfast."

I placed the note on the table before approaching him again. My heart was beating rapidly as I hesitantly leaned towards him before planting a kiss on his forehead. He started fidgeting in his sleep which made me panic. I instantly got up and scurried to the entrance door before leaving.

I left the building immediately and thanked God when there was a taxi in front of me, probably waiting for its first customer. I got in and told the driver to take me back to my home.

As the vehicle started moving, my head was flooded with his words.

"Yes, I had feelings for you. Well, I've moved on and I'm sure you did too. We should leave those all behind. It was just a silly high school crush."

I clenched the hem of my dress and rested my head against the window, sighing heavily. Maybe meeting him again after ten years was a bad idea. I was doing so well these past few years since I didn't meet anyone who broke my heart in high school.

Why did the universe let me meet them? Ahrin? Sunghoon? And even Jay. I closed my eyes and clasped my hands together before praying, "Dear God, please don't let me see them anymore. I want to take care of myself and please let me be happy after this. Let me meet a gentleman that will take care of my heart and love me just like the way I will love him."

I noticed the driver gave me concerned looks but chose not to question it.

💌

[ one year later ]

I parked my car in my parents' driveway before turning off the vehicle engine. I got out and brought all the groceries into the house. My lips curved into a small frown when I saw my mother showing Heeseung my baby pictures.

"Yah!" I dropped the groceries on the kitchen island before running to them. I snatched the photo album and closed it before glaring at him, "Who says you can look at my naked baby pictures?"

"Come on, Hana. You were so cute and you were just a baby. Besides, you already saw Heeseung's naked baby picture so why can't he?" My mother said and stood up before heading towards the kitchen. The said man folded his arms and furrowed his eyebrows at me, "You did?"

I scoffed and took a pillow before throwing it at him, "Pervert."

"It was fun. Your mom showed me the pictures when you were studying abroad. You never had a boyfriend, huh?"