chapter three

Me and Taylor got to the party late due to getting lost on the way to Josh's house where the party was taking place. People we're everywhere and the music was louder than the people talking or screaming to the song.

When I walked in I didn't talk to anyone I just stayed to myself and drunk a few beers, I knew Taylor would go crazy so I tried to stay sober so I could drive us home. I mainly stayed in the living room watching everyone else in the other room, I couldn't find Josh or Taylor anywhere and for me that was a good thing. Out of sight out of mind.

One of Josh's brothers Jake I think came and spoke to me for bit until his girlfriend or who I thought was his girlfriend grabbed him from his arm and asked to make out in a room upstairs to make some guy jealous.

Typical party you know.

Two and a half hours passed and I left the living room and since I was here I thought I would explore the big house.

I walked down the hallway and saw pictures of Josh and his family on the walls, pictures of nature and him standing there, pictures of him and his brothers, and pictures of the band Greta Van Fleet. Josh also had a book shelf with what looked like 50 books if not more. I opened the door to one room that looked like a study room or a studio mixed together.

He had a record player sitting on a shelf and vinyls piled up all around it. Since I was alone in this room I thought I would get brave enough and place a vinyl in the record player. The vinyl started playing as I was looking around the room even more and found journals with the title that said
'lyrics'. I picked one up and flipped through some of the pages and see his beautiful handwriting the same beautiful handwriting from that piece of paper with his phone number.

I placed the journal back and closed my eyes listening to the music from the vinyl that was now blasting through the huge speakers Josh had on the wall and floor. There was a couch by a huge window so I sat there and daydreamed about anything that involves him.

"I like this song" Josh said a familiar voice I've heard many times before. He was standing in the doorway looking at me his eyes full of wonder just as much as mine.

"Me too" I said back to him looking away from the window at him.

He came walking closer singing a few words to the song and shaking his hips back and forth. I laughed at him a little bit and blushed as well when he came to sit down by me.

"Where's Taylor?" I asked wondering why she wasn't with Josh and why Josh was in here me.

"She's downstairs right now dirty dancing with some friend of mine. So I came looking for you, I saw you earlier but didn't say anything to you" Josh answered sitting his beer down on the floor and leaning back into the couch.

God I wanted him right now I felt it from him too.

"How does that make you feel knowing she's doing that?" I asked being curious about it wanting to know his answer.

"Ehh it's fine, she's not my girlfriend you know I have another girl on my mind" Josh said with his index finger on his lower lip and soft laugh coming from those lips.

"Are you using my friend?" I asked now mad at him and wishing to leave his presence. My eyes could shot bullets at him right now.

"No...she's using me Hannah. She told me before she got really drunk. She told me she wanted to make someone jealous of me. It's stupidity really " Josh explained to me looking at me and then grabbed his beer and took a few heavy sips of it.

"That's a lie because she told me she likes you. Alot" I said to Josh making him realize maybe she didn't mean what she said, she's just too drunk at the moment.