chapter four

The past few days me and Josh have been hanging out but just as friends or at least that's what we said to each other. I haven't heard from Taylor since the party, I would text her but  would get nothing at all.

The night after the party Josh took me to a coffee shop and then to a book store. The evening was nice more than I wanted, before the night was over we went back to my place and watched a movie we didn't pay much attention too and listened to a few vinyls to pass time. Then order pizza for dinner. Just a night out as friends I kept thinking, but deep within my soul I saw Josh as more as friend. Far more.

"I enjoyed hanging out with you today Josh" I said to him as I got a slice of pizza out of the box. Me and him were sitting on my bedroom floor talking about the books we got from the book store.

"I've enjoyed it more than you think. I haven't stayed out like this in a while due to being at home alot in my own world you know" Josh said to me while getting another slice of pizza and drinking some of his beer we shared together.

I picked up Josh's book and read the back of it and sit it down on the nightstand.

"When your done with that book I would like to read it" I said to Josh cutting my eyes at him making him grin at me.

"If I finish it" Josh teased at me.

We sat on my bedroom floor until we had nothing else to talk about. I would've brought up the girl Josh was talking to me about but didn't want to make things werid. So those thoughts I didn't bring up.

"You doing anything this weekend besides playing shows?" I asked Josh picking up the pizza box and sitting it also on my nightstand with the book of his.

"Not really, I do go out sometimes before a gig but not this weekend. Why you ask?" Josh said and went to sit down on my bed. I stood up and went to sit down right beside him. Moving his hair behind his ear and so tempted to kiss his neck just to hear him moaning.

"Just wondering that's all" I whispered to Josh his eyes slowly meeting mine and our lips so close to touch.

"Your so damn tempting you know that right" Josh said as he tried to lean in to kiss me but jerked back when we both heard a loud banging noise coming from the kitchen.

"Someone is probably at the door" I said to Josh as I got up and walked away from him and started my way into the kitchen to open the door.

It was Taylor. And this wasn't perfect timing either.

I opened the door with anxiety blowing up in my chest I wanted to throw up, and that's when I saw Taylor standing there. Looks like she's been crying for who knows how long. That guy she hooked up with at the party probably done something or realized she missed Josh and wanted him back now that she was lonely.

"Taylor what happened?" I asked as I allowed her into my apartment and we went to the couch to sit down. At the time being I forgot Josh was in my room.

"You know that guy I met at the party?" Taylor asked.

"Yeah, I remember you left me there and went with him" I said.

"Well he has a girlfriend and didn't tell me until today over the phone" Taylor said with her voice cracking and breaking into tears. My heart broke for her.

"Taylor I'm so sorry" I said to her as I was rubbing her back trying to help with any physical pain.

We sat there on my couch for a while Taylor crying her eyes out until they looked red. At the moment I forgot about Josh being in my room I was caught up into making Taylor feel better that I didn't even hear my door open and Josh walking down the hallway.