Wooyoung ✦ Forbidden Forest | Hogwarts AU

Slytherin Wooyoung x Gryffindor reader

Word count: 3,662

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

"Woah." You gaped, taking a seat beside Wooyoung at the dining hall table.
His lengthy black hair was now accompanied with striking blonde on the lower layer.
"Oh, you noticed my hair?" He grinned, flipping it in a dramatic manner.
"It's hard not to."
"Do you like it?"
"I love it."
Wooyoung grinned brightly in response. "We were practicing the colovaria charm today and I thought why not leave my hair like it is."
"It suits you."
"You think so?"
You nodded, bringing your hand up to run your fingers through his hair, allowing the soft strands to pass between your digits as you admired the two-toned colors.
"It's very unique and stands out just like you."
Wooyoung started giggling, trying to hide the fact that your comment got him flustered, but he could feel his cheeks getting warm and no doubt turning pink. It didn't help that you were playing with his hair, making his heart do somersaults in his chest.
Wooyoung was a Slytherin and you were a Gryffindor, the two houses have had a long-standing rivalry for decades. Despite that, the two of you had become great friends—the best of friends, actually. Sure he could be a pain in the butt sometimes, but what friend isn't?
"You kinda look like an Oreo." You mentioned while looking at his new hair.
He looked at you quizzically. "What's an Oreo?"
Your mouth dropped open in complete and utter shock.
"Wooyoung, you need to get with it."
"What are you talking about? What's an Oreo?"
"If you want to know, meet me in the North Tower this afternoon after your last class."
"Okay?"

Later that day, Wooyoung met you in the North Tower as you had requested earlier during lunch. He found you standing there patiently, waiting for his arrival.
"Okay, I'm here. Now what?"
"Sit down."
The both of you took a seat on the stone flooring of the tower and you pulled out a package of Oreos, placing it on the ground before carefully pulling back the plastic seal.
Wooyoung reached inside and retrieved one of the black and white treats, examining it for a moment.
"They're cookies." He noted.
"Yes."
Wooyoung started to eat the small snack but before he could, you smacked it out of his hand, sending it right out one of the tower's archways.
"No."
"What was that for?" He whined.
"You're doing it wrong." You told him, pulling a thermos out of your bag. "If you're going to experience Oreos you have to do it properly."
Wooyoung watched as you unscrewed the cap that doubled as a cup, pouring something into it and handing it over.
"It's... milk."
"Exactly." You responded, handing him a new cookie.
He sat there, holding both things in his hands, not really knowing what to do.
"You dip it." You told him, proceeding to mimic the actions.
When he didn't budge, you reached out and grabbed his wrists, forcing him to dunk the cookie into the milk.
"Now, leave it for a few seconds, but not too long. There's a science to this."
You waited for just a brief moment before nodding, giving him the green light. He excitedly pulled the cookie out of the milk and took a bite, his eyes widening almost instantly.
"These are amazing!" He gasped. "Is this what muggles like to eat?"
"Yep! Half-bloods like me get the best of both worlds." You grinned proudly, resting your arms behind your head while you gloated.
Originally, you thought introducing Wooyoung to Oreos was a great idea but you're afraid you started something because he had unknowingly finished the remainder of the pack.
"Wooyoung, that was supposed to last me the whole month. I won't be able to get any more until my parents send some next month."
"Sorry." He grinned bashfully. "They're just so good."
You couldn't be mad at him, nor could you hold back the small triumphant grin that played at your lips.
"I know right?"
You started tidying everything up, putting a cap on your now empty thermos and putting any trash into your bag to toss later.
"Now you know why I compared your hair to an Oreo." You smiled, reaching over to brush Wooyoung's hair back. "I hope you keep it like this for a while."