Hongjoong & Mingi ✦ The Goat | Outlaw AU

Hongjoong's segment word count: 2,110
Mingi's segment word count: 2,680

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

__________ 𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐉𝐎𝐎𝐍𝐆 | 홍중 __________

Hongjoong released a long sigh, staring through the telescope he held between his glove-clad hands.
"Tired?" You questioned.
He scoffed. "No."
"Liar."
"I'm used to staying up late. You should know this by now."
"Yeah, yeah." You waved a dismissive hand, repositioning yourself on the raised platform Hongjoong sat upon, fixing your gaze on the city below. "How many nights are we going to spend keeping watch out here like this?"
"Until we get the signal."
"The signal." You muttered through a sigh of exasperation. "And when will we be getting that?"
"Don't know." Hongjoong pushed the telescope closed and set it aside.
You leaned back, resting on your palms while gazing out at the nighttime cityscape lit up with vibrant neon hues from the different signs displayed on buildings. The streets were empty, completely vacant and void of any civilians. This place you called your temporary home was practically a ghost town. Despite the people here being away from the government's control, they all seemed to prefer to move quietly throughout to city so as not to draw any attention to themselves.

The sound of a motorcycle revving loudly echoed somewhere in the distance.

Well, except some people.

Hongjoong chuckled softly. "That must be Seonghwa."
"Must be. What is he doing anyway?"
"Riding around with his new motorcycle gang I suppose."
"That doesn't seem like something that pertains to the plan."
"No, but who says we can't have a little fun while we wait to put the plan in motion? He grinned.
"Yeah. You have a point."
"Plus, we're just regular civilians going about our daily lives. Isn't that right?"
"Right."
Hongjoong adjusted the hat on his head, pushing it back enough to where he could look up at the stars. His cowboy attire was a bit ridiculous, but it was his disguise and unfortunately yours as well. All the boys were staying in separate hideouts around the city. You, Hongjoong, and Mingi were located in a part of the city that had a more western feel to it and in order to blend in, you had to dress the part. Not only that, but the boys were wanted for their crimes against the government and they needed to keep a low profile, lest they get captured by the android guardians.
"Mingi's face is plastered all over the city." You commented, recalling the numerous sketches of him you had seen stuck to nearly every building.
"I know."
"You don't think our cover is gonna get blown?"
"No. There have been plenty of times we've almost been caught in the past, but we always make it out."
He had a point. All of them were uncannily lucky when it came to escaping the clutches of the android guardians. Yes, Yeosang got captured once, but he was brought back completely unscathed with his emotions still intact. That was a miracle in and of itself. There wasn't a day that went by where the boys weren't thankful for all eight of them being safe.
"At this point, what are we even watching for? Nothing has happened in Prestige Academy for months."
"We're not watching for anything. We're just keeping an eye on them."
You hummed and nodded, your fingers mindlessly fiddling with the fringe on your vest.