Mingi ✦ New Student

Published: March 6, 2020
Rewritten: February 8, 2023

Word count: 1,812

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

You hurriedly put your car in park, grabbing your bag and getting out as quickly as possible speed-walking to class

You hurriedly put your car in park, grabbing your bag and getting out as quickly as possible speed-walking to class. You had pressed snooze one too many times this morning and now you were running behind, praying that you weren't too late.
You moved as fast as possible down the paved concrete walkway leading to the front entrance of the school, pulling open of the heavy, metal doors and stepping inside.
Your eyes searched the hallway, hoping to find that you weren't the only one who was late. Luckily you spotted five or six other students that seemed to be trying to get to their classes, thankful that it wasn't just you. You hastily made your way down the hall moving in the direction of your first class. You turned the corner and bumped into someone, your notebook and water bottle falling to the ground, clattering loudly.
"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry." You immediately started sputtering apologies as you dropped to the ground to gather your fallen belongings.

"It's fine. Are you okay?"
You were surprised to hear such a deep voice, the low tone catching you off guard and causing you to look up and see who the voice belonged to.
You could feel heat rising to your face, your eyes taking in the tall guy that towered over you. He wore a pair of round, wire frame glasses and a sweater that seemed to be a size too big, the sleeves hanging over his hands a little. The first thing you noticed was how cute he was—to be fair, it was hard not to. You wondered when he got to your school and if he was new, you hadn't seen him before. If he was a new student, why was he at your school? He looked like he should be enrolled at a private school, not some crappy public school.
His head tilted to the side making you realize you never answered his question.
"Uh. Yeah, I'm fine. I have to go. I'm running late for class." You excused yourself awkwardly.
Guys like him didn't go to schools like yours and you most certainly weren't used to talking to someone as attractive as him, thus why you had such an awkward and abrupt exit.
You mentally facepalmed for how poorly you handled the situation, but you were nervous and caught off guard, blurting the first excuse that came to your mind. Way to make a first impression.
Nice going, Y/n.
You rolled your eyes huffing a sigh as you made your way down the hallway.

You entered your first class of the day and to your luck the teacher hasn't arrived yet which made you heave a sigh of relief. The students inside were busy with their own conversations, despite that, you could still feel some people staring at you as you made your way over to your usual seat. You hated being late to class. Why did everyone have to stare? Did they stare this much at other people who were late?
You took your place at your desk and set your things down, taking a moment to examine your water bottle noticing some new scrapes and scuffs on it from the fall it just had moments earlier. You'd just have to cover the blemishes up with stickers or something.