Chapter 2

Kiara went to her little garden, it was one of the few places that she could feel more at peace, She sat down her back against the wall staring at the small flowers blooming.

She couldn't believe the news she got, the couple that she talked to wants to adopt her...she didn't know why they wanted her, she didn't say anything about herself to them. She found out that the couple are wealthy owning a company...Kiara didn't know the rest of the details of them. It's not that she doesn't want to go with them, she wants to but that would mean not seeing and playing with her friends.

'That means i'll be leaving them...' Kiara thought. 'I should be happy but…' she felt her eyes swell up, blinking a few times trying not to cry.

"There you are Kiara." She tilted her head seeing Seto smiling at her, his smile changed to one of concern, he knelt down seeing tears rolling down her cheeks. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"I...i…" Kiara sobbed she hugged Seto tightly while sobbing.

"Kiara?" Seto said softly, he didn't know what was wrong, everytime he tried Kiara would cry. He didn't really know girls that much, but he knew to be nice and polite to them, Kiara is the first girl that he spends time with, and his brother Mokuba won't stop talking about her either. Anger spikes through him wondering if it was those bullies picking on her again.

"Kiara, tell me what's wrong? Is it those bullies again?" He asked firmly. Kiara shook her head no.

"It's….just…..the..the couple i talked to wants to adopt me." Kiara hiccupped in between slowly calming down.

"That's it? That's great news." Seto said "Is that why you're crying?"

"I want to go with them...but if i go then i won't be with you and Mokuba...i like you guys." Kiara said "I like being with you Seto…" her cheeks went lightly pink.

"It'll be okay, Kiara." Seto said holding Kiara's hands. "I like being with you too, i know we'll see each other again."

"Promise?" Kiara said softly her bright blue eyes stared at Seto's eyes.

"I promise." He said smiling, thinking back at something he had in his head for a few months now. " I want to promise you something else too."

"What's the other promise?" Kiara asked

Mokuba wondered where his big brother is, at first he thought he was in the bedroom they shared with the other boys but he wasn't. He then thought that he went to the little garden that he,Kiara and himself made together by the time he went to the back of the building he saw his big brother with Kiara.

The corners of Mokuba's lips turned upward ever so slightly, Kiara is the only girl he and his brother befriended, he had noticed that Seto gets just as protective of Kiara almost the same way his brother acted when bullies picked on them.

"Seto! Kiara! There you are! I've been looking all over for you two!" Mokuba grinned, he then tilted his head seeing their flustered faces. "Are you guys okay? "

His expression changed when Kiara told him the news, he hugged her tightly, his older brother joined in for a small group hug, Kiara will be leaving tomorrow her adopted parents decided to give her a day to say her goodbyes.

The next morning Kiara wore a denim dress and blue mary jane shoes, what the young girl didn't expect was a long black car stopping at the orphanage there she saw Mr. and getting out to greet the young girl and she saw another man driving the car.

Kiara already said her goodbye to everyone she knew except for Seto he wasn't anywhere in sight when she asked Mokuba he didn't know where his older brother was either.

"Kiara, we have to go now sweetheart." Mrs.Sasaki said

The woman opened the car door for the young girl, before the blue haired girl set foot inside she heard someone call out to her making her stop in her tracks.

Seto placed his palms on his knees, gasping heavily since he barely made it in time to say goodbye to his friend. His face was flustered, and his breath hot and heavy.

"Seto!" Kiara said

After catching his breath he looked at Kiara.

"This is for you, i went to that flower shop you like." Seto said holding out a single white carnation, he didn't have much pocket money to get her favorite flower so he got her something that looked similar. "When we're older i'll get you a white rose!"

Kiara smiles softly reaching up taking the white carnation. "Thank you, Seto.." She said lightly blushing, she reached in her backpack taking out her chess set holding it out to Seto. "Please take my chess set to remember me by...and...this too so don't forget your promise." Kiara blushed as she walked up and pecked Seto on his cheek making him turn red touching his cheek, Kiara giggled at his reaction.

After that Kiara went in the car waving goodbye to the brothers and the rest of the children in the Orphanage.

The car ride was quiet, Kiara held the flower in her hands.

"So...what should i call you?" Kiara asked tilting her head.

"Well...you can call us mom and dad..if you want to that is." She said softly

"And we haven't told you the good news you also have a grandfather." He said "He'll be seeing you at dinner."

"A grandfather?" Kiara repeated.

"He's excited to meet you." She said smiling at Kiara.

Moments later Kiara couldn't believe her new home, a large building when she walked inside she and her parents are greeted by other people that work and care the household.

"Now lets see your new room." Her mom smiled.

The couple led the young girl upstairs through the hallway, the mother opened the door as Kiara gasped.

"This is my room?" Kiara said walking inside seeing the single bed with white bedsheets, the walls pale lavender and white curtains, with a desk, basic furniture like drawers to store clothes in, a closet and a toy chest.

"You also have your own bathroom. It's over here." He said opening the door next to the closet.

"Is it okay? If you don't like the color we can change it." Her mother asked

Kiara shook her head. "No, it's okay i love it." She said

"We'll let you unpack dinner will be ready soon so you can take some time to get ready." He said

The couple smiled as they left to let their adopted daughter have some time for herself.

"I was afraid she wouldn't like the color." She said letting out a sigh of relief.

"I told you, Catherine that she'll love it." He said to his wife. He grinned.

"Will she like the food?" She asked feeling nervous about dinner. "What do we say?"

"Catherine, deep breaths." He said "Remember she's just as nervous as we are."

"You're right...one step at a time." She said smiling softly taking her husband's hand. "It's our first dinner together."

Kiara felt nervous and excited she looked down at the flower in her hands.

'Seto...i know we'll see each other soon..after all we made a promise.' Kiara thought smiling softly.