Chapter 9

Kiara splashed cold water on her face, she looked into the mirror above the sink. Over the last few weeks, She couldn't believe what almost happened, she almost kissed Seto Kaiba! What would've happened if Mokuba didn't walk in? She thought back at that scene again making her face heat up.

'Kiara, snap out of it!' She thought to herself.

Walking out of her private bathroom she changed into her pajamas her hand glided to the collection of books she has on the shelf stopping at one of her favorite Fairytale books, ever since she was younger she loved reading them, almost every night she would read a different one. She picked out one of her favorites to read for the night.

'Reading always helps take my mind off of things...but now I don't think I can forget that look he gave me when we got so close that we almost.…' Kiara thought lightly blushing.

—————————

Kaiba slammed his desk drawer shut, he could take his mind off of the incident, he almost kissed her. Just what came over for him to even try to attempt in kissing her? Ever since he saw her again he felt drawn to her something he never felt to any woman before. He had girls throw themselves at him making fools of themselves just to have a fling with him. He ignored any type of advances from any of them, yet when it comes to Kiara he felt these emotions towards her.

'She's a distraction to you, just look at yourself...you can't think straight, you can't have her around...if she's on your mind you could make a mistake.'

Kaiba bit his lip.

'You can't afford any mistakes! You have a company to run! Everything you work hard for! You can't ruin it!'

The next morning Kiara woke up by her alarm, getting ready for school she checked her bag, reaching for her cellphone that she put to charge on her nightstand, she saw a message from Kaiba.

'From now on, send me any homework at this email address.' Kaiba

"What?" Kiara muttered ,reading the text again. 'Maybe he'll be too busy this week to talk..He did mention something about meeting a deadline.'After a minute she typed in her reply.

'Okay, please try to take a break once in a while..working too much can lead to exhaustion. Anyway, I'll send you any homework we get today by email. ' Kiara

After that Kiara felt a little off that morning,

"Good Morning..K...Kiara." Tabatha greeted the girl with a plate of french toast and eggs ready at the table. Tabatha started washing some of the dirty dishes. "Your father and mother already left for work, they send you their love."

Kiara smiled as she took a seat, taking a bite of french toast, Kiara tried to enjoy her meal but thoughts of that text message plague her mind. 'Maybe I'm just overreacting over that text.' She thought

"How are you feeling today?" Tabatha asked tilting her head looking at the girl.

"Fine," Kiara replied. "A little nervous about the test today."

Tabatha nodded placing the last of the clean dish on the cabinet, she walked towards the girl taking her hand giving a soft squeeze to help ease her nervousness.

"You'll be fine," Tabatha said with a warm motherly tone. "Everything will be okay."

"Easy for you to say...you panicked when you saw those bumps and cuts from that bully two months ago….and well...after I told you about that creepy director at that station."

"But it all worked out fine in the end?" Tabatha softly said, " When I was in high school it was a little rougher...oh I remember one time I was in trouble... a boy harassing me then my sweetheart swooped in saving me."