Chapter 15

Lately there's a new trend of digital pets. Everyone is going nuts for them. Kiara held her digital pet.

And on this particular day Joey got in trouble at school for playing with it during class.

"Joey, that's the third time today." Kiara scolded him that it was now their free period. "Didn't Téa tell you to switch it off?"

"I don't want to, it won't grow if it's switched off." Joey explained

"I guess there's no point." Téa said while playing with her search pink digital pet device."They're so cute."

"They are." Kiara said playing with hers her device being a light blue."These come in a variety of colors that its hard to pick."

"And if you raise it well you'll get a good outcome." Yugi said "It's almost like your raising your child."

"Yeah, i'm devoting half my day to him." Joey proudly said

"I just play with mine when i'm bored." Kiara said

"That's a waste of time." Tristan begrudgingly said

"You're only saying that because you couldn't buy one. It's sold out everywhere." Joey teased.

"Is that why you're so mopey today?"Kiara teased.

"No! It's a waste of time having one of those things!" Tristan exclaimed. "We can't let virtual games like this search control our lives! You guys can play all you want while I take care of things in the real world."

"Good morning!" Miho greeted them

"Morning? You missed the first period and second period "Kiara said

Miho giggled. "Well…it's hard to take care of her." She replied taking out her digital pet. "She also slept in late." She showed her digital pet which looked like a mini her. Tristan blushed over Miho's cuteness.

"So you're doing it too, Miho." Yugi smiled

"Yeah, I really want to go to Australia. " Miho said

"Australia?" Téa repeated

Miho took out a flyer she had in her bag."It's this Sunday, it's a virtual pet competition and the prize is a trip to Australia!" Miho happily exclaimed

"Oh wow, that's exciting."Kiara said reading over the flyer.

"I see, so that's why Joey is so desperate to train his pet." Téa said glancing at the blonde.

Joey scratched the back of his head as he chuckled. " Well I couldn't go on a foreign trip on this device."

"But Miho is tired." She said glancing at a lovesick Tristan."If only there's someone who can take care of it so that it can win The prize for me?"

"Oh, looks like the prize is two tickets." Kiara said after she finished reading the flyer.

"Just leave it to me!" Tristan said cupping Miho"s hands. "I swear I'll make sure you win!"

'When it comes to Miho he switches gears so fast.'Kiara thought she looked down at her virtual pet. 'They are fun and my pet is cute. '

After that homeroom started, Tristan skipped class and ran home to take care of the virtual pet for Miho. Now the end of the school day the gang walked together.

"That Tristan. "Kiara said "Of all the things he just up and skips."

"It's for a good reason, to win the trip!"Miho smiled. "He's such a good friend."

'Ouch.' Kiara thought she looked down at her pet. "Anyone has a chance at winning it just depends on how you care for it, it's like Yugi said, it's like raising a child."