Chapter 8

A month passed, Seto didn't come to school for that month, Kiara volunteered to bring him the homework he missed, Whenever she stopped by The kaiba house Mokuba was the one that answered assuring her not to worry, Seto tended to miss school while he ran his company. It wasn't unusual for him to miss a month when it came to important business projects.

Kaiba just wasn't having a great day,He couldn't keep his mind off of the blue-haired girl. All month, she would stop by giving him notes and everything he had missed in school. Today was like any other he typed in his private work office in the house, a light knock was heard, he called out for the person to come in seeing Kiara holding a portfolio with today's school notes, he liked the way that she writes it was all neat, fully detailed she even highlighted the important ones that are due sooner, he wouldn't expect anything less from her.

"Here you go." Kiara said holding out the portfolio "We also have a book report it's due in three weeks, you read a book and watch the movie based on the book, write down the differences, whether they cut a few scenes or added something that wasn't in said scene and give a clear explanation. There's the book list that the teacher made for you to pick."

'Too easy.' Kaiba thought taking it, skimming the approved book list.

"I'm still debating on my book report." Kiara said softly. "I've narrowed it down to two books."

"Taking a guess I would say a romance novel." Kaiba said he knew most girls would like it, he hated romance novels nothing but nonsense and fluff.

"No." Kiara said,"Romance novels are nice and all, I read it sometimes, but for a book report, i'd pick something that would be different ." She looked at Kaiba as he scoffed. "You don't like romance novels? "

"Not worth my time." He said, "Those types of novel just makes women create their own fantasy of what they want in a relationship with a man."

If it was someone else Kaiba would have sent her on her way but since it's Kiara, he doesn't mind talking to her about these types of topics each debating on their point of view on the subject. It was a refreshing change of pace. Sometimes, they'd end up talking until the sun was down.

"Some women would want that in a man, while others just read it for fun." Kiara stated,"If I was in a relationship with a man.. I wouldn't want him to be perfect. If he's too perfect, it would be boring, I want to accept him as he is, with flaws and all."

Kaiba sat back, trying to wrap his head around the girl, she would accept someone with flaws?

"My..ideal man... would be someone, " Kiara said a light color formed her cheeks.

" Quiet..Reserved, smart. He might not be the kindest person when you first meet him because he keeps his guard up but he is well-intentioned especially with people he cares about the most. I will accept him just how he is."

Kaiba could feel his body tremble at her words. Accept him just how he is? He resisted the urge to tug at his shirt.

"I want him to accept me just how I am too, flaws and all.…"Kiara stopped herself from saying more taking a minute, she had started liking Seto even more but refrained from doing anything in fear that he'll push her away, During the conversation she realized that they were close...very close to each other, she took a step back feeling her cheeks warm.

Kaiba raised an eyebrow at her, wondering what was wrong with her all of a sudden, after awhile he escorted her to the door.

"It was nice talking to you." Kiara said before she left giving him a smile. "See you at school.."

When she left, he felt it again that warm sensation running across his chest. He shook his head as if trying to shake off this feeling, the way she described her ideal man is almost as if she's describing... 'No, it's nonsense.' He thought to himself.