Secret Organization? (1)

Dinner went as someone expected it to end with random people in attendance and an impressive supply of alcoholic beverages. Roshi and his two older companions had already forgotten about the hangover they suffered throughout the day and started drinking again.

Cale can respect that. He also joined the drinking with a bottle of wine, Ron was watching him like a hawk so he couldn't get drunk and only enjoy a bit.

With Eruhaben and the kids away, Cale only had to watch out for Choi Han.

Beacrox did an amazing impression of both detesting and grudgingly acknowledging the food that Fiona presented to him. His less-than-impressed gaze connected with Roshi, who was too drunk to notice the uncaring mood of the chef. Roshi and his drinking buddies soon involved Beacrox in a conversation. Cale just acted like he saw a notice in hopes of avoiding the same fate.

Ron, to his left, was keeping an eye on Choi Han. The butler had his ever-present benign smile on his face, perfectly playing the role of a friendly family member.

Just thinking about having Ron as family is giving Cale the chills.

The others were distracted which left Cale with the attention of Silvio and Darnall. Both men in question were openly staring at the disguised redhead. Cale just picked up a piece of his steak and stuffed it into his mouth.

"You look rather young to be traveling without aim.", Darnall commented. Contrary to his sharp words, a small smile graced the mercenary's lips. The black-haired man gently folded his arms, appearing non-threatening to anyone else but Cale.

"We couldn't remain at home and had no other places to go. Either stay there or move somewhere unknown.", Cale softly answered.

Darnall nodded and didn't inquire further. Instead, he redirected the topic somewhere else.

"We will be leaving tomorrow somewhere around noon. The meeting point is the southern city gate. Roshi rented a carriage as we received a side job to deliver some wares to Velvet. If you have any other belongings that are too heavy to carry, store them in the carriage. Any questions?"

Cale noticed how Darnall was watching every action of him. Not letting his guard down, Cale nodded with an honest expression.

"I'll tell my father when he returns, but it shouldn't be a problem." The redhead didn't forget to keep their disguise up.

Darnall just nodded. Silvio didn't join the conversation as the teal-haired man continued sipping his beer. The conversation soon was steered in a harmless territory where Silvio started questioning Choi Han about his swordart.

Cale's trusty swordmaster didn't need to act as he could share his honest opinion about the sword. Silvio was soon captured by Choi Han's innocent and excited manner as they talked about ways to keep the blades rust-free and sharp.

Darnall just sighed with a fond expression on his face.

"There he goes again." At Cale's inquiring gaze, the elder man elaborated.

"Every time he finds someone that appreciates the sword even just half the way he does, he won't stop talking. Be prepared, soon Silvio will try to tempt him to our side.", Darnall laughed and continued watching Silvio with fond eyes.

Cale sipped his wine and tried to imagine an instance where Choi Han willingly leaves his side. He comes up blank.

However, this was a great time to collect information.

"Darnall?", Cale put on an innocent and curious expression. The noble didn't miss the way Darnall's eyes twitched.

"Yes?", Darnall answered Cale with just as much fake curiosity. Both smiled at each other while analyzing what their opponent displayed and when they might slip up. It was obvious to Cale that Darnall had at least partly seen through their disguise. The only other person who is a little bit suspicious of them appears to be Silvio. The rest fell, hook, line and sinker.