Velvet City (2)

Raon, hidden behind layers upon layers of magic, stared in awe at the shining city below.

Red, blue, yellow, orange, and pink. These and many more colors were practically blinding the young dragon. Even the gates in front of him were splattered with color. A rich red intervened with a warm yellow colored the otherwise grey gates.

Flying a bit higher while making sure to still have an eye on his group, Raon gazed over the gates, watching the world behind the guards and catching a glimpse of the well-regarded Velvet City.

Children are running around with adults chasing them, all laughing and having fun. Soldiers stand near the walls yet they greet the citizens warmly, sometimes even talking and smiling with some.

Normally, this would be an incredible sight.

Raon knows that his human and the cookie prince- he wasn't a prince anymore but Raon won't stop calling him 'cookie prince'- desire such a world. Peaceful and happy faces, no matter race or gender, with no desire for war or other atrocities.

He should be happy, seeing his human's dream come true. He should be, but he isn't. Raon remembers a conversation he had with Cale months ago, just when the war finished and they could finally rest a bit after the White Star was defeated.

"How nice.", Cale muttered.

One human, two cats, and a baby dragon enjoyed the slowly setting sun while snacking on some pastries. Raon looked up from his apple treat, gazing at Cale who leaned back in his seat, letting the sun gently shine upon him. With his eyes closed his human looked younger.

Cale's eyes always carry so much sorrow and suffering even when he's happy. The heaviness of not one but two worlds rests upon his frail shoulders. Raon wants to help. The others too, but the only thing they can do is silently- and sometimes not so silently- remind their beloved family member that he isn't alone.

Raon swallowed his last piece of pie.

"What is nice?", his young voice asked curiously. Azure eyes watched the world in wonder, hoping to spot what made his human smile. If it's something Raon can touch, he could give it to his human as a present and watch out for future appearances.

Ohn and Hong also looked up from their snacks. Raon snickered at the strawberry jam that got caught in Hong's fur. Cale saw it too. With a sigh, the sole human of the unusual group grabbed a handkerchief and gently removed the offending substance. Hong purred contently.

"It's quiet. Peaceful."

Raon looked outside. The sun was shining, birds were chirping, and nothing else happened.

It was boring.

Raon couldn't quite understand why his human likes the calm so much. The last time Raon left him alone, his human started to hibernate like a bear! Also, lemonade gramps says that daily activity is important.

"But adventures are fun!", Hong cheerfully inserted himself into the conversation. The youngest of the three was still purring contently, his tail wagging happily in tandem.

Cale just smiled at Hong, not saying anything more. Ohn and Raon exchanged a confused look with each other.

"Aren't we at peace now?" It was Ohn that broke the heavy silence. The question sounded innocent yet her eyes carried a certain sadness that told Raon that his sister already knew the answer to her question.

"I wonder.", Cale muttered. His eyes were distant as if he was watching something else that the other three couldn't see.

"Huh?" Raon stared perplexed at his human. The White Star is dead, why wouldn't they be at peace? Is a new danger coming? Raon knows about the Hunters and also knows that Cale plans to fight them. However, they have the luxury of time for this round and Cale and the others started planning ahead. All countries are involved, and Raon is sure that everything will end up well with his human as the commander.

Legend of the Western Landsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें