The Labyrinth (2)

Cale was anxious.

No, calling the emotions he was feeling at the moment 'anxious' would be like labeling Clopeh Sekka as a sane individual.

His mind was a mess. Question after question kept his mind occupied. Scenario after scenario of what if.

Logically, he knew that Ohn was a smart girl, easily capable of reining her brothers in. Hong may act wild but he preferred to listen to his sister. Raon was Raon, which worried and reassured Cale at the same time.

The little dragon loved to showcase his power, declaring himself rightfully as a mighty dragon.

Normally, at least one additional adult dragon accompanied him, which was great. This time, Raon was alone with his siblings. Dangers were lurking around the corners. Cale didn't fear for his direct safety. Rather, he worried that hasty actions could cause an accident that would harm them in the long run.

Ultimately, they were kids, with the oldest barely scraping twelve years of age.

How could he not worry?

Even worse, Cale thought while watching Choi Han smash through the walls with relish, they disappeared right in front of them. Even Eruhaben couldn't trace them. A different kind of magic was shrouding them.

What kind of magic was able to fool even an ancient dragon?

It worried Cale.

Boom.

Someone made a noise behind him.

Bang.

"Yes?" Cale took the initiative and looked at Darnall. The other was missing his usual expression, instead sporting a rather confused look. His eyebrows did an odd little dance as he wet his lips, trying to form words that weren't as stupid as his thoughts.

In the end, his impulse control lost the fight and he spluttered, "Are you even human?"

Cale wrinkled his nose.

"Of course," he affirmed. Did they talk about this not even twenty minutes ago? Eruhaben was less than impressed, answering with a dry, "No."

Choi Han's chimed, "Yes," went over their heads since he chose that moment to smash through the next wall. The loud noise as it collapsed swallowed his answer.

Darnall just stared at the place where the thick wall previously was. Choi Han nonchalantly dusted off his cloak, walking into the corridor behind the hole. A quick look to the left, followed by one to the right before he walked straight ahead and began the process of removing the next wall.

"Right," Darnall commented.

At least his sass was returning, Cale thought before he ignored the other man. Darnall muttered something that sounded suspiciously like, "Human, my ass." Cale wisely decided that he didn't hear anything.

Eruhaben turned his head, sparing Darnall a second before he went back to magically keeping the dust away. Choi Han was the only one who at this point resembled a dust bunny more than a human. His whole outfit and head were covered in a layer of gray dust. Even his eyelashes had some valiantly clinging piles of dust, turning his dark lashes a pale gray.

Choi Han sneezed.

"There is no end," he pointed out after smashing through a few more walls. Cale agreed with him. They have been at it for a bit now, yet they didn't reach the end of the maze. It was like the area regenerated the outer layer of the labyrinth as soon as they moved further. Rise and repeat.

Cale was sick of it.

Why should he follow the rules of somebody's house when the host wasn't polite enough to greet them first?