Operation Save and Loot (1)

"How?"

Cale would be impressed with the equally deadpan and utterly done tone in Vicross' voice, but at the moment the chef turned assassin - or is it the other way around? - was glaring at Cale like he couldn't believe what happened.

"We left him alone for fifteen minutes.", Choi Han muttered in despair. The black-haired man was slumped over a chair with agony in his eyes. Even Ron stared at a wall, incomprehensively.

Cale begged to differ. They were all just acting like drama queens.

It wasn't that bad.

"Fifteen minutes.", the swordmaster echoed.

Cale wanted to object.

"Fifteen.", Choi Han pointed out and successfully silenced Cale. The incognito redhead decided to ignore the situation as it already passed anyways.

Vicross cleared his throat. While Cale's group explained their endeavors with Cale getting recruited and the possible location of the dark elves, Vicross alongside Eruhaben had different jobs. The chef guarded the princess while the others went out.

Cale could guess how the hours passed as Vicross' expression went from normally disinterested and bored to homicidal.

"She is annoying.", the chef defended himself.

Cale winced.

How annoying must she have been to have the chef knock her out because he couldn't deal with her anymore?

The peacefully snoring form of Princess Lorelei was sprawled out on one of the beds.

Cale looked away. She appeared to be fine and, regardless, will wake up somewhere in the future. Probably. He gazed at her still form and recalled the strength Vicross can muster up. Hmm. She'll wake up, Cale was sure of it.

(Although, he wasn't sure about the pain level she will be in when her eyes opened.)

"Where is Eruhaben-nim?", he asked Vicross. The dragon had another job but should have returned a while ago. The two kittens went with the ancient dragon to use their small forms to gain more information. Cale wasn't too worried as they were accompanied by Eruhaben.

Vicross shared what they found out so far regarding the count.

"The count is hosting a party tonight."

Cale looked up. A party?

"Is he looking for a way to get us in?"

This would be a nice way to get in contact with the man. It is also a nice way to assassinate the man as many strangers and extra servants will be entering and leaving the estate during the party. If someone planned on killing the count, it will be done tonight.

Vicross nodded.

Cale sighed. Eruhaben will find a way for them to get in, probably via copying a ticket or stealing one.

Ron caught on as well and a sly smile formed on the old man's face.

"Young master, isn't it convenient that we packed some of your noble attire?" Cale didn't want to answer. Ron packed him some fancy clothes – 'just in case' he said – and Cale wanted to curse. The old man will be happy for a while that he was right.

A happy Ron meant more lemon beverages. Just as an annoyed one will also mean more lemons.

There is no saving. Cale accepted his fate with a frown on his face.

At least the problem of clothing is solved. While Cale won't doubt that the Torten Style is vastly different from the Rowoon one, he will just wing it by explaining that he is from a corner territory and has traveled far with no knowledge of recent trends. A bit of bullshitting will do the rest.