Chapter 1 - A sea of infinite possibilities

"Hello....?" The quiet voice called out again as Grace let her eyes open once more, however this time she could see slightly in the darkness.

It was almost as though she was in water, falling deeper and deeper into the darkness. Her movement was sluggish, but she was able to slowly swim towards where the voice was coming from, or at least, where she thought it was coming from.

"Hello?" Grace asked, as she couldn't hear the quiet voice anymore and as such had no way of getting her bearings "Are you still there?"

"Yes! Hello!" The voice called out louder and more excited than before, as it sounded like that of a girl now.

"Hi there." Grace said as she looked around, it sounded as though she was right ontop of the girl yet.....she was nowhere to be seen. "Where....are you?"

"Me...? Oh....right....." The girl said sadly as Grace looked for her. "It probably hasn't found you yet."

"It?" The sadness the girl had at the mention of 'it' made Grace worried. What was 'it'?

"The ruler of this place....he's kept me in this dark room for so long...." The girl sobbed, clearly either lonely or sad or both. "I just want to go home......nyet......I just want to see her again......"

"Hey....." Grace said softly as she reached a hand towards where she heard the girls voice coming from. Although she could not see the girl, she could still feel as though she was there, scared and alone, as she patted what she assumed to be her head.

The girl gasped in shock a bit "Are you....here?" She asked quietly as she presumably looked around just to not see Grace.

"I think so....." Grace responded "Hey, what's your name?" She asked the girl.

"Oh, I'm Seele, Seele Vollerei." The girl responded sounding a bit happier than before.

"Well I'm Grace, Grace Orion. It's nice to meet you Seele." Grace responded, trying her best to keep the girl calm while thinking of a way to get her out of her situation. But then Grace realised, she didn't even have a way out of her own.

"Seele.....do you know how to get out of here at all?" Grace asked the girl whom she had been conversing with. 

"Nyet......and even if I did.....it wouldn't be much help when I can't leave this space." Seele responded as Grace mentally cursed that hopefulness she had just had that Seele had known how to get out. If she had known, then she would've left long before Grace had-

"Well.....this is a surprise." A voice from behind Grace called out as she heard Seele gasp in fear and turned around. This voice was hard to distinguish, but its figure was not.

Before Grace, a massive serpent that seemed to have stars themselves embedded into its skin was looking down at her.

"It's him!" Seele whispered to Grace as things began to click into Grace's mind. This must be the ruler of this place, meaning that this must be the one keeping Seele trapped.

This is also likely to be the one who had brought Grace....here.

"I suppose they haven't stopped those Honkai experiments then....have they?" The serpent continued as Grace didn't respond. "But how odd.....there's not a trace of Honkai on you, it's almost as if you've never been in contact with Honkai energy until now."

Grace took a deep breath before staring at one of the huge eyes of the serpent. She couldn't exactly stare at both given its size. "Why did you bring me here?" She asked the serpent as it tilted its head in confusion.