Chapter 4 - Escape from Nagazora

The voice of an announcer on a virtual screen that was somehow still connected echoed through the zombified streets of Nagazora.

"As of 10:00 today, all external contact with Nagazora has been severed."

On the street below the screen, zombies hissed and growled as the announcer continued to speak, unaware that his announcements were falling on deaf, or rather dead, ears.

"The United Nations have issued a statement confirming a BH virus outbreak in the city."

The tapping of running feet along the ground drew the zombies attention as Kiana Kaslana, wielding dual pistols, led Raiden Mei, who had a shotgun, through the hoards of zombies.

"Out of my way!" Kiana shouted at the zombies as her and Mei ran past them. "If you're already dead....then get out of our way!" She shouted as she fired 3 shots and took out 3 zombies.

As she did this, however, a Honkai Beast crashed through a wall behind her and Mei and towered over them.

A/N: Not sure if it was a Catapult Honkai Beast but when looking at the manga this appears to be the best fit to the Honkai Beast that attacks Mei and Kiana (I can only find it in black and white so I can't tell what element it is)

As this happened, Kiana and Mei turned on their feet and opened fire on the Honkai Beast, unloading many bullets into it before stopping as it roared and tried to attack them, unscathed from their fire, forcing the duo to jump out of the way as a large crash ensued from the beast's attack.

"Our guns aren't even scratching that thing!" Mei exclaimed as Kiana looked at the Honkai Beast in anger.

"And this monster won't give up! It's always like pretty girls like us!" Kiana added before muttering. "What a perv....."

As the girls contemplated what to do, however, they were interrupted by the sound of a voice from above "Target locked." The voice said as the duo looked up to see Bronya jumping off of a roof to hit the Honkai Beast from above.

"Bronya!" The two exclaimed as Bronya fell through the air towards the Honkai Beast.

"Project Bunny 19C." Bronya called out as her robot appeared behind her with a lance replacing its cannon for...some reason and stabbed the lance into the head of the Honkai Beast, splitting it in half as Bronya landed perfectly.

"Mission complete." Bronya declared while holding her Homu doll as Mei ran up alongside her.

"Right in the nick of time, Bronya! Thank you!" She thanked the younger girl as Kiana began to complain.

"What the hell?! You can't just show up with that monster robot! You almost got me killed! Stupid little brat!"

"End protection routine for Subject Kiana. Set Subject Kiana to expendable." Bronya stated as Kiana was about to lose her mind at Bronya before a Chariot Honkai Beast crashed through the remains of the wall behind them.