Chapter 8 - Special Training, Remedial Exams & a Promise Kept

A/N: Just a heads up, I'm not going to be covering Gratitude Arc/Shattered Samsara because I can't figure out what's canon and what's not as well as not much will change because of Grace's involvement

3 DAYS AFTER SPECIAL TRAINING BEGINS:

"Wait....Principal Theresa is going on a mission to Nagazora?" Grace questioned as she practiced following the movements that Fu Hua had been teaching her to help her control the Honkai energy that she had with her stigmata.

"Apparently so." Fu Hua confirmed for Grace as she practiced alongside her "I'm not sure on the reasoning why, but something there meant that Major Himeko would be deploying, but due to her injuries Principal Theresa said she'd go solo instead." Fu Hua explained as they moved onto the next set of movements.

"Well....the Principal should be fine, right? She's a veteran from the second Honkai war and her cross is the 11th Divine Key, right?" She asked Fu Hua as the class representative looked at Grace in surprise.

"That's an impressive knowledge of history for somebody who only joined St Freya a month ago." Fu Hua commented  "If only Kiana would study as diligently as you, she might have even made the number 2 spot."

"Well with Bronya and Mei's help along with the little incentive I gave Kiana should be enough to get her to pass" Grace commented as she too moved onto the next set of movements "So I can just focus on learning the way of Taixuan with you instead."

"Good. Now try and let your Honkai energy flow during these next movements." Fu Hua instructed Grace as she watched Grace make the movements.

"Got it....." Grace replied as she closed her eyes while making the movements, looking within herself and carefully managing the Honkai Energy that the gem of reason released so that it would appear like a Valkyrie's natural Honkai Energy and letting it flow through her.

"Impressive, it's definitely restricted in some areas.....but you've certainly got the hang of making the movements and letting Honkai flow through you, at least out of combat." Fu Hua commented as Grace opened her eyes to see blue energy flowing around her in a sort of ephermeral mist as her stigmata was glowing slightly "The Stigmata you possess has certainly bonded with you well, the more you tap into it the more powerful you become. If you keep making progress at this rate you could very well become an A-Rank Valkyrie before your friends."

Grace exhaled as her stigmata stopped glowing and the Honkai energy flowing around her dropped "So then.....what now?" Grace asked Fu Hua as the girl smirked and got into a combat stance

"Now we begin training in combat. It's all well and good knowing the theoretical side of Taixuan, but it's the practical side you need to know." Fu Hua told Grace, who raised her arms infront of herself defensively.

"This is going to hurt....." Grace muttered as Fu Hua rushed the blue haired girl with a series of quick punches, which Grace was barely able to block, before following up with an upwards kick that knocked Grace's arms away from infront of her as well as knocking her off balance.

As Grace tried to regain balance and fix her defenses, Fu Hua threw a punch right at her chest which connected and sent her to the ground as she landed on her back with a resounding thud echoing throughout the gym.

"Ow.......you couldn't have gone easy on me?" Grace asked Fu Hua

"I was going easy on you." Fu Hua stated as Grace slowly picked herself up and took up a more competent fighting pose, not nearly a proper fighting pose but at least more competent than the desperate defense "This time try and fight back using the Taixuan movements."