Chapter 3: Thunder's mark

It has been 3 weeks since Grace's arrival in Nagazora and much had occurred. She has become friends with Mei Raiden and Kiana Kaslana and began to integrate herself at Chiba High.

Since we last saw her, however, she has noticed something odd. She now had the body of her 14, or well 15, year old self now....meaning she had regressed by a couple of years. This didn't change much, however, except for leading to a confusing moment when she said her age only to realise that it was wrong.

At this very moment, however, she was walking to Chiba High. She had asked her teacher and been told she was allowed to wear the scarf that her brother had given her and as such she had the scarf neatly wrapped around her neck as she walked to school, however while she should have been happy she felt like something was.....off.

She couldn't quite explain why, but there was a prickling feeling in the back of her neck and her hairs were standing on end, it was almost at though thunder was about to strike, but the skies were quite the opposite of stormy.

But suddenly, a loud BOOM echoed across all of Nagazora as a shockwave of energy pushed Grace to the ground as, despite her not noticing it, a small blue glow emitted from her chest for a moment as she stood up.

"What was that?" She asked before going over to a bystander near her who had also fallen down. "Hey are you.....ok?"

The bystander was an elderly man, but something was clearly very wrong with him. He had pinky purple lines working their way up his body at a frightening pace as he was convulsing in agony before....it stopped.....and the man stood up as if nothing had happened.

Grace took a step back in fear as she saw the way the man walked. He was slouched over and his arms were limp as though they had no feeling in them.

"Is he.....a zombie?" Grace asked herself as the man seemed to answer by charging at her as she started to run backwards just to run into another zombie and have her arm grabbed by it.

She screamed in terror, why wouldn't she? Everything had been fine just a moment ago but now she had been grabbed by a zombie!

If she could stab something into its arm then she could probably escape, but for that she'd need something like a knife, fork or even an arrow.

And then it happened, as she thought of an arrow, she saw the familiar blue lines working their way down her arm as an arrow created itself in her hands. She was confused, of course she was, but decided not to look the gift horse in the mouth as she stabbed the zombie's arm and heard it scream out in pain as it let go of her and she began running, clutching the arrow tightly in her hand as it was her only weapon.

But then the thought came to her, if she had thought of an arrow and made one.....could she make a bow and maybe even more arrows?

The bow was the most important part, she decided, so as she darted into a nearby alleyway to avoid some zombies she sat down, leaned against a wall and held her hands out.

She began to imagine the bow she had used in the archery tournament the day she had been pulled away from her home and family, the blue accents and the recurve structure, the precise bowstring and the texture of the material....and as she did, blue lines once again worked their way towards her hands and, after a few seconds of this, the bow was resting in her hands exactly as she remembered it.

"Oh my god....." She muttered to herself as she looked at the bow in disbelief, she really could create items from memory, was this what that gem she had found allowed her to do?

As she wondered this, however, she began to hear something in the distance, what was it? It almost sounded like something crashing through walls.