Chapter 5 - Thunder's Strike & Reason's Resurgence

The four girls were sent flying out of the apartment that they had been staying in as they looked at the Honkai Beast that had just destroyed the building they were in. The beast was at least as tall, if not a little taller, than the building itself and holding a shield and a lance.

Grace wasn't sure why, but the name 'Templar' came to mind when she saw this beast.

The Templar WHICH IS CANONICALLY AS TALL AS A BUILDING swung its lance down at the girls as Bronya was the only one who could really take action in this situation

"Project Bunny: Activate!" She declared as Project Bunny appeared behind her and swung its lance at the templar's as the two lances clashed. Shockwaves emanated from the clash before Bronya was sent flying backwards by the templar, crashing through multiple buildings as the force continued to carry her.

"Bronya!" Mei and Grace called out simultaneously as Grace heard Mei gasp, looking over to see the purple haired girl about to be struck down by the templar. "Mei run!"

But it was too late for Mei to run as she looked hopelessly at her situation before Kiana got between Mei and the templar "If you keep thinking about Bronya....Kiana might get real jealous, Mei!" Kiana told Mei as the templar slashed across Kiana's back and her blood splattered onto the ground as the two girls fell to the ground and Grace could only stand and watch in horror.

"Ki.....Kiana.....?" Mei gasped as she looked at the injured or dead younger girl that had just saved her life before tears began to fall from her eyes and she hugged the younger girl, screaming out in anguish as the templar swung down at the two girls.

"Mei! Kiana!" Grace screamed out as she tried to run to save the girls, but was stopped as her right hand began to burn in pain as a red glow emitted from the back of it. "Gah- What the.....?" She muttered before feeling a wave of air roll over her and looking over to see a purple barrier blocking the templar's attack against Mei and Kiana. "O.....kay.......that's not normal." She muttered as lightning crackled off of the barrier and Mei began to fly upwards, wings of purple lightning energy forming off of her left shoulder.

"I'M SORRY WHAT?!" Grace exclaimed as a ball of energy formed above Mei and she declared.

"THE QUEEN DOES NOT ACCEPT YOUR SERVICE, WORM!" As the energy ball hit the templar and it began to bubble before exploding into a beam of blinding energy as Grace raised her arms to protect her eyes from the light. And that's when she noticed it.

The back of her hand had red markings forming on it, she would've put it down to bruising if she didn't notice the fact the markings were seemingly taking an almost distinct shape.

"What the.....?" Grace muttered before hearing movement from behind her and seeing Honkai Beasts approaching from all angles and of varying different types. "Oh no no no no no I don't have enough ammo for this...." She said as she backed up towards the crater that had been created by the blast "Uhhhh.....Mei? I think we should find Bronya and go!" Grace called up to the girl who seemingly ignored her. "Mei....?"