Proud of You (RohiRat)

Virat saw Rohit rushing to the team room when he was doing velagiri with Yuzi and KL. Virat went behind him immediately.

Virat stood there at the entrance of the team room to find Rohit sitting there thinking something and tapping his feet.

'It's rude to ignore your best friend who is standing here but you are thinking of someone else'

Virat's voice broke Rohit's thoughts.

'What to do my bestie is busy in gossiping with Bhuvi, apparently he has got new bestie' Rohit said back.

'And for him football is more imp than me!' Rohit said putting a point.

He was not jealous but he had to say it when he saw Virat and Bhuvi laughing together.

'I should go to Bhuvi then or play football' Virat said and got to leave.

'Vi kya yaar' Rohit whined.

That tone itself made Virat turn back and sit beside him.

'Now tell me what is going on in your non-existent brain' Virat asked after a min of silence.

'Wo I was thinking- Wait, what? Non-existent brain? Tera hoga wo! Cheeku rabbit, u don't have brain!'

'That's not the point now!' Virat said bringing him back to main point.

'This is a must win match!' Rohit said.

'Oh Shit Sherlock! I didn't know'  Virat said teasing him.

'Vi mai baat nahi kar raha yaar tujh se ab!' Rohit said being irritated by the remarks and got up to leave.

Virat held his hand and made him sit back on his place. Rohit sat back grumpily.

'I am not going to make any remarks, if u stop beating around the bush and tell me what exactly you are thinking!' Virat said in a stern tone.

'This is a must win game Vi, we badly need to win this. And I want to contribute more than I am doing!' Rohit said resting his head on Virat's shoulder.

'Ro, u are contributing in the best way you can! Why are you doubting yourself?' Virat said softly.

'Vi you very well know how I said the team that we should play with a better approach and be little more attacking which is termed as "new era/new template" on SM.. I am only not able to stay a bit longer to set an example for that'
Rohit said voicing out his insecurities.

'Are you crazy? Ro you always give us such a positive start that we are tempted and confident to score!
From when u are taking this 'SM crap' seriously, don't forget this crap word is yours when everybody was trolling me!
And on top of that don't get me started on the stats! You have the best strike rate since that awful WC tournament! You are setting an example as an opener and as captain!
DARE you doubt yourself!'
Virat said sternly.

'Okay Cheeku!' Rohit said grinning feeling good hearing his bestie words.

'Don't call me that panda!'

'Bhaiya they are calling for the toss!' Rishabh said coming into the room.

They won the toss! Finch and Green were on the crease. Axar was bowling the second over.

Green had mistimed a ball and went high up and Virat was running from point A to point B had a long distance to cover up but could not grab it. He put his head down not wanting to see Rohit's expression because he is the last person Rohit expected a catch drop.

Rohit changed the field and hall again came to Virat may b just to redeem himself.. he threw the ball with such precision which gave a run out of Green.