Idiot (shubman-ishan OS)

"Are you seriously sleeping while having dinner?" Ishan asked poking Shubman with his elbow seeing him dozing off and not eating his meal properly.

Shubman just got up and walked towards his room not even responding to Ishan. That itself sent alarms in Ishan's head, Shubman not replying or giving any sarcastic response to him, something was seriously wrong.

"Will u sit and think what is wrong with Shubman? Or you will go and ask him? Choice is urs" hardik teases him and Ishan ran out to Shubman's room.

When he entered the lift, he saw Shubman sleeping in the lift. He was just 5 mins ahead.

Ishan kneeled down towards him and patted his cheeks, "Shubhi, Shubman!", Ishan noticed fever when he touched his cheek.

"Huh?" Shubman opened his eyes and saw blur image of Ishan.

"Stop hitting me" Shubman said half conscious pushing Ishan's hand away.

Ishan made him stand, Rohit and Virat who were strolling around saw Ishan dragging Shubman. They immediately helped him.

"Bhai Dekho, something is wrong! Virat bhai do something plz" ishan said panicking seeing Shubman like that.

"Why are you screaming?" Shubman said leaning on Virat.

"I am not screaming idiot, u are sick" Ishan said back to which Rohit gestured to stop talking now. They took Shubman to the room.

Virat and Rohit were calling the doctor and making the arrangements.

Ishan sat beside Shubman, He touched his forehead only to feel it burning.

"Shub?" Ishan called softly only to receive painful groans from his end.

"It hurts" Shubman whispered.

"I know give it sometime.. doctor is coming" Ishan patted his head.

"Stop patting.. my.. head.. like.. a dog" Shubman said annoyed and irritated.

"I am taking care of you" ishan said back.

"This.. is.. not.. taking care" Shubman said being annoyed by the pain.

"Oh for a min, just stay still" ishan said seeing him turning his side for the nth time.

"My body is paining, what's happening Ish" Shubman asked and ishan was shocked to see moist eyes of his due to pain which made him understand how terrible it must be for him.

"Virat bhai, Rohit bhai" Ishan called and doctor also arrived.

"Needle.. no.. Virat bhai.. Ishan" Shubman said taking his hand back seeing doctor with needle. He moved closer to Ishan.

"Shub listen, this is important we have to take ur blood sample" Virat explained and tried to take his hand but Shubman won't budge.

"If u don't give ur blood sample now, I will tell Virat bhai and Rohit bhai what u did in Goa" Ishan whispered to Shubman and he immediately gave his hand for sample.

Virat and Rohit just looked at each other grinning remembering how they used to do this.

"Ishan u be with him, we will just come" Rohit informs dragging Virat away who was not ready to leave Shubman's side.

Soon after sometime they got to know that Shubman had diagnosed with dengue. More than Shubman it was Ishan whose face was pale. It was half hour Shubman was trying to talk to him.

"I am not dying idiot! What's with ur face" Shubman said throwing a pillow at him. 

"Ishannn! Ishu" Shubman called him.

"How many times I have told u don't call me Ishu, it seems weird as if.."

"Your girlfriend is calling you! I know it annoys so I do that. Because you are not listening to me" Shubman said resting his head on the pillows feeling weak.

"You should console me idiot that I am gonna miss matches and here I am trying to get ur attention as you are too busy in ur gloomy session! Why are you upset? I mean I know you love me but Itna?" Shubman asked poking Ishan's shoulder and making him sit beside him.

"I know u wanted to play and how imp is this for you. I am just feeling sad to see you weak like this" Ishan said honestly.

"Hmm!" Shubman leaned his head on Ishan's shoulder, "I am upset too but this is not in my hand right. U have no idea how disappointed- means u do seeing ur *who died* face I can imagine-"

"Shub be serious for once"

"Ishan it takes atleast 1 week and more to recover. I have already had a big session with Virat bhai how recovery is important. Now with you I can't repeat it again. Just give ur best and let's watch something now, I need a distraction" Shubman said pulling his cheeks annoying him.

"U will be okay soon" ishan said holding his hand knowing he needed to hear that.

Shubman nodded in agreement.

"Now get up and do as I say. I am sick, so be of some use now! Go and bring dinner, turn on the tv" Shubman ordered while pulling comforter and laying down.

Ishan caressed his hair and murmured, "idiot, rest!"

______

sassy_reads I hope it's upto the mark.