Its okay (Ro-Ishan OS)

"Played Rohit!", Rohit heard Virat and they hugged each other.

It was such a surreal moment for both of them. Playing World Cup together and at Virat's home ground, infront of Virat's pavilion, Rohit scoring century and Virat finishing it off. Just complete, it was.

"Pata hai Rohit bhai, you won't believe ek min ke liye laga Virat bhai will jump from the balcony and hug you on the ground when you reached the century", Jassi said and Rohit just laughed knowing how it could be with Virat.

"Oh believe me Jassi, I know" Rohit said looking at Virat who was busy with Ishan.

They look serious, Rohit thought noticing them talking something and it seemed like Virat was consoling Ishan.

That just made him remember how Ishan looked gloomy these days. Even if he was trying to be himself, it looked forced. He knew Ishan had bad day for first match, even he had it but today was good day for Ishan too, got runs under his belt which was gonna up his confidence.

"Oh shit, how can I miss it", Rohit thought to himself, what may be the main reason for that. He knew it was Shubman's sickness but this was something else and he just realised it.

"Ishan, Ish baat sun kiddo" he heard Virat calling again but Ishan left for the bus.

Virat turned and caught Rohit's gaze, Virat just looked at him which indicated, "You know what to do", Rohit nodded in acknowledgement.

Rohit entered in the bus and took a seat beside Ishan.

Ishan saw him and just leaned his head on his shoulder, without even saying anything. Rohit just let him, they travelled to hotel in silence.

"Ishan wait in Virat's room, I am coming" Rohit instructed him.

"Waha pe kyu?"

"Jitna bola utna kar Ishan, freshen up and meet me there", said Rohit knowing he will go into his room and just keep thinking - overthinking.

"Come Ishan, dinner kiya?", asked Virat to which Ishan just asked, "Aapko pata tha mai yaha aane wala hu?", because before he could knock the door, Virat opened it.

"Ofcourse, see Vamu is calling you", Virat said giving him the phone and keeping him busy.

After 15 mins, Rohit arrived, "dinner nahi kiya hai usne, I have ordered 10 mins mai aa jayega! Rah ke room mai ja raha hu", Virat said and left the room.

"Bhai aapne yaha kyu bulaya?"

"Ritika is tired so she is sleeping and in your room its too dull" Rohit said taking a seat beside him.

"Kya dull hai?"

"Shubman nahi hai na waha, toh dull ho gaya hai tera room aur tu bhi", Rohit said putting his hand around Ishan to which Ishan just sighs and leans into the hug.

"Kya baat hai Ishaan", Rohit asked more softly this time.

"I miss Shubman"

"I know that, if you would not miss him I would seriously doubt you and your friendship with him, it's obvious that u miss him but wo baat nahi hai, kuch aur hai", Rohit asked him again.

The dinner arrived and Rohit arranged it, "Aap khila do bhai", Ishan said.

Why this kids are taking traits and habits from Virat? Stubbornness of not sharing things, Rohit thought.

"One condition, with each bite you have to tell me what's bothering you", Rohit said forwarding him a bite and just waited for him to open up.

"You know, I always dreamed like everyone else, to play the World Cup and play for the country" Ishan began.

"Yes", Rohit responded so that he opens up more to that.

"And specially with Shubhi", Ishan said.

Rohit didn't say anything knowing that he is gonna break down now.

"As much as I am happy for my WC debut but I can't help myself and think that he is not here with me and on top of that I am at his place bhai, why it is so unfair? Happiness feel hi nahi ho Rahi, I never wanted my debut to happen this way, without him it's just incomplete", Ishan said as tears rolled down his cheek.

"And he is like, be happy Ishu dont be sad! We will be together soon playing again! And then there is me, I am not able to console him also if he is feeling bad or low on missing out these matches, deep down he will feel na ki I am at his place", Ishan said voicing out his insecurities.

Rohit was gonna say that Shubman will not feel like that but he stopped seeing that Ishan had more to say.

"Meko pata hai, Shubhi aise nahi hai, he will more than happy- even more happy than me as I debuted in WC. But pata nahi bhai, it's just difficult to have been debuted like this", Ishan confessed.

Rohit first wiped Ishan's tears and took him in a very big brother, reassuring hug. After 5 mins, Ishan broke the hug.

"Bolo kuch", Ishan said waiting for him to say something now.

"Itna mehnat karvayi mujh se, I had to send Virat in other room and phir khana khilao and abhi ek sec mai bol du mai, waah!"

"Rohit bhaii", Ishan whined.

"Acha sorry" Rohit said patting his cheek.

"Dekh Ishan firstly it's okay to feel like this but whatever happened with Shubman it's not his fault or even yours, it was really unfortunate. We all feel very bad that he is not here, we miss him. I miss him more being my opening partner. But thinking that you are taking his place is wrong- it's not like that"

"You were always our backup opener, abhi imagine ki if I get a niggle toh U will play- does that mean ki u are replacing me or taking my place? No!"

"Shubman will come back and play soon, at that time u may play in middle order or whatever position you are suited depending on match situation. Right?"

Ishan nodded at that.

"I know Shubman is your best friend so it hurts more to see him like that and then play at the position which he does but just think if u play nicely like u did today, sabse jyada khush Shubman hoga, ultimately it's all about team's win kiddo and Shubman knows that", Rohit explained him.

Ishan hugged him again, "Abhi talk to him, he has reached Ahmedabad", Rohit informed patting his head.

"Aa gaya? Hum kab jayenge?" Ishan asked immediately breaking the hug.

"Kal subhe, now take rest! Virat aata hi hoga" Rohit said.

"Oh where are you going Ishan?" Rohit asked seeing him getting up.

Virat just entered the room, "Apne room mai" Ishan said not understanding why he was asking like that.

"Kyu Ishan, mere saath room share Karne mai problem hai?" Virat asked putting his hand around his neck.

"Nahi bhai aise nahi hai" Ishan said confused.

Rohit, "So take rest now, we will leave tomorrow, where ur best friend will be waiting for you! Good night!", he said.

"Meko bhi bol Good night panda", Virat whined as he was closing the door and Rohit was outside.

Rohit just laughed at his face and hugged him tightly.

"I am so proud of you Ro, the WC beast you are! And seeing you score in Delhi- just so overwhelming and happy it was"

"Feelings are mutual Vi, nothing can explain what I felt seeing ur name cheered in your home ground and standing there, watching you coming out of ur own pavilion! So proud"

"Virat bhai, jaldi karo! Kal late nahi uthna, Shubman must be waiting" Ishan said and they both just laughed.

Virat just hugged him once more and Rohit left.

Virat lay down next to Ishan to just listen him blabbering about, "He will be okay right, who travelled with him? Kal milenge bhai hum Shubhi ko", and dozed off eventually.

Virat just patted his head and covered him with comforter.

__________