Chapter Twenty-One

||Garden of Bones||

"You're here to answer for your brother's latest treasons." Joffrey said, pointing a crossbow at Sansa Stark. Her tears falling down her cheeks, face a little red as she sat kneeling in front of the so called rightious King Joffrey.

"Your Grace, whatever my traitor brother has done, I had no part in it. You know that, I bed. Please..." Sansa cried.

"Ser Lancel, tell her of this outrage." Joffrey demanded.

"Using some vile sorcery, your brother fell on Stafford Lannister with an army of wolves. Thousands of good men were butchered. After the slaughter, the Northmen feasted on the flesh of the slain." Lancel explained, very dramatically.

"Killing you would send your brother a message. But my mother and sister insist on keeping you alive. Stand." He said as he put away his crossbow. "So we'll have to send your brother a message some other way." He sat on the iron throne.

"Meryn. Leave her face. I like her pretty." Joffrey said as Ser Meryn went over to the Stark girl and began beating her up. "Meryn my lady is overdressed. Unburden her."

As Ser Meryn went ahead to do that, he suddenly stopped in his tracks. He couldn't move nor speak and once Joffrey noticed, his sister seemed to appear out of nowehre, holding Sansa close to her.

"Touch the girl one more time, you or your bloody guards, then it'll be more than a slap next time from both me and our grandfather." Zephyr glared, and if looks could kill Joffrey would've been dead years ago.

"If you want Robb Stark to hear us, we're going to have to speak louder." Joffrey stated.

"What is the meaning of this?" Tyrion yelled as he entered the throne room with Bronn.

Sansa could only sob into Zephyr's side, absolutely terrified for her life here in King's Landing. When the princess heard her uncle's voice her attention was snapped to him, causing Ser Meryn being able to move once more as he quickly retreated to the sidelines.

"What kind of Knight beats a helpless gir?" Tyrion scolded Meryn. "The kind who serves his king, imp." Meryn shot back.

"The only thing you'll be doing is rotting in the deepest pits of the Seven Hells." Zephyr sneered.

"Careful now. We don't want the princess handing over your bloody arse now, Ser Meryn." Bronn joined in.

"Someone get Lady Sansa something to cover herself with." Zephyr demanded and her lady's maid, Aenge who witnessed everything, was quick to grab a cloak helping her cover Sansa up.

As soon as she was covered, Zephyr marched right up to Joffrey with Tyrion on her side, "She is to be your Queen. Have you no regard for her honor?" Tyrion glared at the King.

"I'm punishing her." Joffrey told them.

"For what crimes?" Zephyr yelled. "She didn't fight her brother's battle, you half-wit."

"You can't talk to me like that, the King does as he likes!" Joffrey tried defending himself but that just pushed Zephyr over the edge.

She walked closer to her brother who kept walking backwards, whimpering.

"The Mad King did as he liked." Zephyr said. "Has Uncle Jaime ever told you what happened to him?"

"No one threatens his Grace in the presence of the Kingsguard." Ser Meryn said as he unsheathed his sword.

"I'm not threatening the King, ser. I'm educating my brother." Zephyr told the man as Joffrey sat on the throne. "Bronn, the next time Ser Meryn speaks, kill him. That was a threat, see the difference?" She asked the Ser with sarcasm lacing her tone thickly.