Chapter Fifty-Nine

||The Last of The Starks||

Everyone that had survived the Great War gathered outside of what remained of Winterfell, to burn the bodies of those that had fallen and not been a part of the Army of the Dead.

Daenerys and Sansa both had to say goodbye to Ser Jorah Mormont and Theon Greyjoy, before they joined their people.

Aegon stepped forward, "We're here to say goodbye to our brothers and sisters. To our fathers and mothers. To our friends. Our fellow men and women who set aside their differences to fight together and die together, so that others might live. Everyone in this world owes them a debt that can never be repaid. It is our duty and our honor to keep them alive in memory...for those who come after us.. and those who come after them for as long as men draw breath. They were the shields that guarded the realms of men. And we shall never see their like again."

Then he, Daenerys, Tormund, Sansa, Zephyr, Samwell, and Arya were handed torches. They stepped forward and one by one, burned the bodies of their friends. Zephyr watched as Daenerys was on the verge of breaking down again, so she pulled her friend in a tight embrace.

"He's in a better place now, Danny." Zephyr spoke softly as she stroked the Queen's hair. In this moment alone, she seemed like a frightened girl with nowhere to go.

Later that night, all of them were in the Great Hall of Winterfell. Luckily the castle wasn't too destroyed, they could rebuild it like the way it was.

Everyone was still in shock that they managed to survive this Great War in the first place, and they were all glad that they did. They had something to fight for. The Great War was over but now the war against Cersei Lannister had begun once more.

They were all dining together, eating their well deserved meals. Zephyr sat to Aegon's left and to Daenerys' right. When she glanced over at her friend, she only saw an emotionless expression with hidden anger and aggression. Daenerys hadn't said a word since the Great War was won.

Aegon reached out and gently held Zephyr's hand, noticing the worry she had for her dear friend.

Zephyr moved her gaze to Aegon and smiled. He always managed to make her smile with only his gaze. It was so effortless how well he could light up the Queen's mood and vice versa.

"Gendry." Was the first thing Danny said when she saw Zephyr's half brother get up and look for Arya. "That's right, isn't it?"

Gendry hesitantly moved to stand before Daenerys, "Yes, your Grace."

"You're Robert Baratheon's son." Daenerys stated to which Gendry nodded. "You are aware he took my Family's throne and tried to have me murdered?"

"I didn't even know he was my father until after he was dead." Gendry stated truthfully.

"Yes, he's dead." Daenerys said. Zephyr frowned. Why was she bringing this up again? "His brothers are too. So who's Lord to Storm's End now?"

"I don't know, your Grace." Gendry answered. 

"Does anyone?" Daenerys asked the rest. 

Silence.

"I think you should be Lord of Storm's End." Daenerys then said. 

"I.. I can't be, I'm a bastard." Gendry said, sending a panicked glance towards his sister who shrugged, just as confused.

"No, you are Lord Gendry Baratheon of Storm's End, the lawful son of Robert Baratheon because that is what I have made you." Daenerys said with a smile.

Ser Davos stood with his drink, "To Lord Gendry Baratheon of Storm's End."

The others stood as well, "To Gendry!"